News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Psy powers in real life

Started by Idozen Cair, December 21, 2010, 08:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have Psy powers in Telepath to be in real life?

Yes
4 (36.4%)
No
3 (27.3%)
Maybe
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Idozen Cair

The topic speaks for itself. Everyone who takes the poll, please give out your reasons.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Thank you for "moving" this. Yes because it would be cool but no because those who had them could easily exploit them like Duvalier does quite often.

SmartyPants

I don't like the idea of people being able to read my mind.  One's thoughts are the most private thing one has and should only be seen by the thinker and god.

Idozen Cair

It is possible to use your Psy powers to block people from scanning, i2smart4you.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

But what if you didn't have the gift?

Idozen Cair

Fine. I chose maybe and I hold the same reasons as Bugfartboy.
I doesn't care, do I?

The Holy namelesskitty

It depends on many things, most of all are all the uses of psy powers/ their existence known to the public.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

HeadShot

I said yes because
[spoiler=ALERT! DON'T CLICK HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW!]I like the series. And WHY DID YOU CLICK?[/spoiler]

Also, choosing YES tied up the pool
My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

j3sterg

I hate when I lose the key to my over-sized treasure chest and have no elemental attack to blast it open! It's either develop Psy Powers or stop locking it.

Steelfist

Yes (As long as I had the gift, and not many others).

HeadShot

My head got shot up once. And I lived and my head Remained.....

bugfartboy

Alright. Imagine this. One day you are strolling through a crowded building. All of the sudden, you hear voices in your head that aren't yours. These voices are the thoughts of every single person in the room. You don't realize what had happened and begin to get scared. "What's happenig?" you think, unaware that you are broadcasting your thoughts to everyone in the room. Everyone that hears you hears it like you were right in their ear and turns to the person next to them and converses with them. As the multiple converations start to flood your
mind, you realize that you've received the Gift. Then, your mind being uncapable of stemming the flow of thoughts, it shuts down and you go into a coma that you never wake up from. Would you want the gift then?

ArtDrake

The wonderful thing about the human brain is that there is no way conscious thoughts can overwhelm the filters, and even then, you wouldn't "go into a coma". And yes, I would want the Gift.

bugfartboy

Ducky. Crowded room filled with 100+ people, each with their own thoughts and problems on their mind.

Idozen Cair

Thanks, Pum-kin for putting this topic in another point of view. No, I'd rather not have the gift. But remember guys, this is about whether you 'want psy powers in real life', not 'would you like to have the gift' (i could change the topic if you guys want).
I doesn't care, do I?