News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Authoritarian Governments

Started by SmartyPants, December 24, 2010, 11:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Mainland China will censor this site as soon as I type "Tiananmen Square".  Now only Hong Kong chinese can go to this site.

[Split, moved to Politics. --Craig]

bugfartboy

The way you keep about that, I think that you seem unhappy about the presence of Asians here.

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

SmartyPants

Quote from: Pum-kin on December 24, 2010, 11:16:07 PMThe way you keep about that, I think that you seem unhappy about the presence of Asians here.
Really? I make fun of an authoritarian government's massive censorship of the interntet and you conclude that I don't like "the presence of Asians".  Are you saying if I dislike a country's leadership, then I have to dislike everyone of that nationality?  Do I have to dislike my friend who lives in China every summer with his family, because I dislike China's communist government?  Do I have to dislike my Venezuelan friend, because I dislike how Hugo Chavez trying to turn his country into Cuba?  Do I have to dislike my friend from South Korea, because....nevermind, I like South Korea's leadership.  I don't even like my government's current leadership, so do I have to hate myself?

Quote from: Duckling on December 24, 2010, 11:13:21 PMRemember? Brain lives in Hong Kong. Introductions. Sorry about calling you "Brain", Grotesquery.
Even though most of China has major censors, residents of Hong Kong and Macau have much more freedom when it comes to speech and press.  That explains why Grotesquery will have no problem going to this site.  It has been awhile since I have read about this stuff, so please correct me if I am wrong.

ArtDrake

Yeah. And Taiwan, since China thinks that Taiwan is a province, even though they opportunistically split off. Now it's chock full of the descendants of Nationalists, but they have freedom!