News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

An idea for a new Telepath game

Started by Idozen Cair, December 28, 2010, 08:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idozen Cair

Well, I've been scrolling through the 'Psy powers in real life' topic, and suddenly came up with this:

Why not a Telepath game that actually is set in the modern world, where technology is advanced and there's everything you see in your daily life.

Hope to get some feedback for plots and stuff.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Alright. Question: Where would the golems go? If we had them back n number of years ago, wouldn't the game set in the modern world have them too?

Idozen Cair

Quote from: The Grotesquery on December 28, 2010, 08:54:45 AM
Well, I've been scrolling through the 'Psy powers in real life' topic, and suddenly came up with this:

Why not a Telepath game that actually is set in the modern world, where technology is advanced and there's everything you see in your daily life.

Hope to get some feedback for plots and stuff.
That's what I'm asking. Help on the plots and stuff.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

I think everyone was hoping Craig would redo TRPG2 first. He said he might. And I don't think that Telepath would fit into the modern world. Unless Cera Bella was a forgotten continent that has managed to keep up with modern technology and even excelled.

Idozen Cair

Two points:

1. I didn't expect Craig to really follow this.

2. Can we at least think of some ideas?
I doesn't care, do I?

Steelfist

Hmm. Okay. Well, Cera Bella could be wiped out by a disaster (Like in apocalyptic, almost), and sink under the sea. The psy using continents could forget how, due to all psy's dying (Perhaps there could be an extra element to the disaster - it shorts out the neural circuitry of any psy's exposed to it), to use psychic powers. The world could move on, powers dormant, until the present day. When somebody discovers that they can move things with their mind . . .

bugfartboy

That wouldn't sound too bad, I Think.

Steelfist

Yeah; though what do do after that I have no idea.

Idozen Cair

Perhaps some bad guy loved the power and started out destroying things and then...?
I doesn't care, do I?

Steelfist

Idozen Cair

And then you're the hero and you save the world, except that the bad guy has infiltrated governments, and most of attacks in the game are modern-based e.g. Guns, cannons and those stuff
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

No. I don't really like the idea now that I think about it. It doesn't fit.

Idozen Cair

Don't give a problem without a solution, man!
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

Guns, what would be the point of the Gift if you have guns?

Steelfist

Well, you could guide bullets, and such, I suppose.

But that's why I said I had no idea where to go after that. Nothing seems to fit.