News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG Flash movie

Started by TheWanderingShadow, January 10, 2011, 11:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What version of the TRPG2 Hero do you like more?

Version one
Version two

Kaseke

I think it'd be interesting if main was a she, since usually you'd think the "personality" that main has is kinda guyish. I have no idea about the name thought...
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.

TheWanderingShadow

Hmm... That would be interesting. I'll wait for people to vote before deciding.
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

ArtDrake

I would prefer it if the main character was female.

SmartyPants

The all black seems very masculine to me.  Plus, I have never seen a girl who wears her hair like the Main does. 

I think the face should be hidden like in Halo and Metroid.  All the views of the Hero should be when he has a hood on.  That way a shadow always covers the face.  If the character is voiced, then it should be a voice of a young boy, so it seems the voice could come from either a young boy or from a girl.

TheWanderingShadow

QuoteThe all black seems very masculine to me.  Plus, I have never seen a girl who wears her hair like the Main does. 

I think the face should be hidden like in Halo and Metroid.  All the views of the Hero should be when he has a hood on.  That way a shadow always covers the face.  If the character is voiced, then it should be a voice of a young boy, so it seems the voice could come from either a young boy or from a girl.

Yes, I've decided to keep the Hero's gender ambiguous. You can pick which version on my first post.

TheWanderingShadow

But this brings up the problem of naming the Hero. Can anyone help me think of some unisex names?

bugfartboy

Sam. It can stand for Samantha or Samuel.

Duskling

Alex (Alexander, Alexandra)? Sasha (Alexander, Alexandra)?

SmartyPants

Both suggestions look almost the same. Also, neither of them look like the Hero we know.  From the view from above and his in-game portrait, we can tell he has very messy red hair.  Both suggestions have neatly combed hair.

Jordan is the most common unisex name that I know.

bugfartboy

Yeah. Neither of them look gender neutral. And I think Sam, Jordan, and Alex are good ideas.

Idozen Cair

Is it possible to go with a no-name?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

It'd be difficult. Have you ever tried writing a book or even a short story without giving your main character a name and gender? It's sorta difficult. You have to avoid dialogue in some places.

Idozen Cair

Now that you bring it up, it appeals to me. Why not choose a gender that proceed to work on it?
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

Jack London omitted a name in 'To Build a Fire'. Edgar Allan Poe left out a name and gender in 'The Tell-Tale Heart'. Liam O'Flaherty included no name in 'The Sniper'.

But then again, to be fair, none of these stories had dialogue. Much. 'To Build A Fire' had a bit.

Duskling

I don't mean to grave dig, but are you still working on this, TWS? Were you ever?

I'm sorry, I just stumbled upon this and remembered what an interesting idea this was.