News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Guests

Started by Duskling, February 03, 2011, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Has anyone noticed the huge number of Guests today? I mean, right now, there are 53, and I think the number is rising every time I refresh the page... I don't mean to sound paranoid, just that it is a rare occasion to have this much activity on the forum, even if it is from Guests. Also, I would've done this as a post, but there was no thread I could post in without necroposting, which is why I created this thread, which most will think is meaningless.

bugfartboy

I think it was even more earlier. But yeah. That's a lot of guests. It's creepy really. Imagine being the only forum-goer among 23 guests.

MikeW781

Its a bit odd. I think it could be an error with the way the system counts guests. Not to downplay the forums or anything.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Duskling

Could be, I'm no expert, but I think that may be the case.

Now, I know some of you must think this thread is pointless, so, once again, I will state that this was made to avoid necroposting and to report a... sort of a phenomenon here on the forums.

SmartyPants

Maybe they are computer programs that try to spam forums and blogs, but can only remain as guest since they don't have profiles.

bugfartboy

And can't gt profiles because of the thingy Craig put up in the registration. That could make sense too. But why now?

Duskling

Maybe one company decided to have a massive spam attack? Or they could've sent multiple programs since the first ones couldn't get through. But, the strange part was that they were checking out topics, printing pages, looking at profiles, what regular Guests do. Let's not make this into a suspense-thriller, but still, it's kind of strange that 53 Guests would be here at once.

On a slightly related note, why do you think Guests print topics they find here?

bugfartboy

I'm not all that sure. Not even I print topics. Why would guests? Let's ask some of them. Oiy!!! Guests, could one of you register for an account here and tell us why you print topics? Nothing wrong with it but we're just curious!

Steelfist

I noticed that on 'Who's Online'. No offense to the forums, but what here is worth printing off?

Kaseke

walkthroughts? Maybe? I don't really know. There aren't that many walkthroughts on this forum anyways, hence most of them elading to the old forums... Weird enought.
If you seek it, you can find it. Freedom can be attained.