News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Nameless One

Started by Zhampir, February 21, 2010, 01:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

That's one way of looking at it- he was called a "veteran of the Shadow Wars". I guess it can be argued that since the Shadowlings did use David in TRG1 as a military asset, he was part of the wars and went through them, without being a soldier, yet being in the military forces. However, I must admit that this is a very good point against David being the Nameless One.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 01, 2010, 01:59:23 PM
That's one way of looking at it- he was called a "veteran of the Shadow Wars". I guess it can be argued that since the Shadowlings did use David in TRG1 as a military asset, he was part of the wars and went through them, without being a soldier, yet being in the military forces. However, I must admit that this is a very good point against David being the Nameless One.
We don't know what David was doing between his rescue and the Hero's return.  Like his sibling, David could have left the Academy to fight shadowlings and rescue kidnapped students.  Plus, Baz thinks the Nameless One is a veteran.  Baz could have been lied to.

KZ

Indeed, though I doubt the Academy would send an untraned (although talented) student into battle. Also don't forget that the Psy Academy just sided with the Spriggats when the Main came about, and David was only getting to grips with the most basic psy attacks, judging by his cape colour. And I also doubt that the Psy Academy will use shildren as soldiers.
Still, we don't know how long it took to pacify the Shadowlings- David could've graduated by then and took part in rooting them out (by using his amazing scanning abilities and overcoming the Shadowling obfuscations). Still, that is one good point made about the Nameless One being a veteran of the Shadow Wars.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zhampir

Just thought I'd point out something...

The Nameless One is able to train the Hero in any one of the four types. The other characters all work on their skills in order to create a new skill. The Nameless One is able to guide the hero along any of the four elemental paths, showing that The Nameless One likely has knowledge of each element himself.

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 04, 2010, 12:48:56 PM
Indeed, though I doubt the Academy would send an untraned (although talented) student into battle. Also don't forget that the Psy Academy just sided with the Spriggats when the Main came about, and David was only getting to grips with the most basic psy attacks, judging by his cape colour. And I also doubt that the Psy Academy will use shildren as soldiers.
I never said the Academy sent David to attack the Camp.  Did the Academy send the Main to attack the Shadowling Camp?  No, the Main went to the Shadowling Camp on his/her own accord.  David could have also snuck out of the Academy to rescue fellow students.

cyso

QuoteJust thought I'd point out something...

The Nameless One is able to train the Hero in any one of the four types. The other characters all work on their skills in order to create a new skill. The Nameless One is able to guide the hero along any of the four elemental paths, showing that The Nameless One likely has knowledge of each element himself.
A really powerful psy (such as Nelis and Tastidan) would be able to defy their natural element. Plus, Hellion was able to teach the Main in TRPG2 pyro attacks. Whether or not he could use pyro attacks himself has never been confirmed.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on March 04, 2010, 07:03:04 PM
A really powerful psy (such as Nelis and Tastidan) would be able to defy their natural element. Plus, Hellion was able to teach the Main in TRPG2 pyro attacks. Whether or not he could use pyro attacks himself has never been confirmed.
Hellion didn't teach the Hero pyro attacks.  In TRPG1, the Hero taught himself Pyro Blast with the help of a book called Pyrokinetics For Beginners. He was also able to use Pyro Hail with the help of the crimson orb.
I do get what you are saying though.  Hellion was able to teach guy Pyro Hail and help Grotius increase the range and power of his Frost Breath.  I don't think Hellion was able to use either Heat or Cold elements.

KZ

Indeed, don't forget that he also allowed the Main to train Feedback and get it into Vengeance. Plus, he allowed the Main to learn protective shields- something that is also not a trivial matter. The only attacks which Hellion didn't really help with were the attacks that were installed on Flint by Helena.

I agree that the Nameless One has knowledge of all the elements and I suspect that he's been exposed to all 4 of them. For instance, as  a veteran of the Shadow Wars, he likely originated from the Psy Academy, where they teach Heat and Light attacks. Most likely, he saw the Shadowlings in action, and got experience in the Shadow element. Then, as the Psy Academy sided with Spriggats and Grtotius introduced the Cold element to the Psy Aacdemy folks, the Namless One could get a theoretical handle on the Cold element as well.
Welcome to the forums!

torugo

Quote from: Kivatti on February 22, 2010, 06:42:13 PM
Methinks, that if The Nameless One is one of the two brothers, it'd more likely be David. And Noctus said that he is doing an important task... I'm sure that it's linked controlling others mind somehow. (Referring to the rescue of parents, where he distracted the guards.)

i think its david too and the service he was doing was deciphering the language of the mercanaries since shadowlings cant read human
mock the pheonix you will burn

cyso

Where did it say shadowlings can't read human language. Weren't the books in Thallion's manor and at the TRPG 2 headquarters written in human language since the main could tell what they were about?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Presentiment

This discussion makes me think The Nameless One is Aram.

Zhampir

Quote from: yogc on March 08, 2010, 04:56:05 PM
Where did it say shadowlings can't read human language. Weren't the books in Thallion's manor and at the TRPG 2 headquarters written in human language since the main could tell what they were about?
no, the main read them by reading the thoughts that a previous reader had when they read the book.

SmartyPants

If Anya can learn shadowling text, then I assume shadowlings can learn the human language too.

The Hero couldn't read the shadowling text.  He read the Thought Impressions of previous readers.

Zackirus

Getting back to the topic at hand. No, I don't think that the nameless one is David, Anna, or the Main because it says that the different characters went on to do thier different things. I alsodon't think that he is the main is Because it doesn't seem like the name less has red hair. I remeber the first drawings of him. His hair was sort of brown rather than red or black. My final reason I think that he is the main because I think that sometime in the telepath seris that the hero will fight the hero of chapters 2.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment