News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Malis and Shadow Resistance

Started by SmartyPants, February 20, 2011, 07:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Malis be able to learn Shadow Resistance?

Definitely
Yes
Maybe
No
Hell No

SmartyPants

The shadowling psy assassins of TRPG2, Darkling and Shadowboxer, are able to learn Shadow Resistance from thier trainer.  Should Malis be able to learn Shadow Resistance in a similar way?

Zackirus

I would like to see Malis have Shadow Resistance but their are 2 problems:

1. First, how does one teach shadowling resistance, I mean Hellion was a shadowling and probably had experince in the matter
2. Second, if Malis gets Shadow Resistance, La'Man and Naj have Heat and Cold Resistance, Qudssi has Mental, and Luca has Physical; who gets Light resistance? 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on February 21, 2011, 10:05:09 AM1. First, how does one teach shadowling resistance, I mean Hellion was a shadowling and probably had experince in the matter
The Nameless One can probably teach Malis shadow resistance in the same way Hellion taught Guy heat resistance and Anya light resistance.

Quote from: Zackirus on February 21, 2011, 10:05:09 AM2. Second, if Malis gets Shadow Resistance, La'Man and Naj have Heat and Cold Resistance, Qudssi has Mental, and Luca has Physical; who gets Light resistance?
Why would someone else learning or not learning Light resistance effect Malis learning Shadow Resistance?

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 21, 2011, 11:05:56 AM
Quote from: Zackirus on February 21, 2011, 10:05:09 AM2. Second, if Malis gets Shadow Resistance, La'Man and Naj have Heat and Cold Resistance, Qudssi has Mental, and Luca has Physical; who gets Light resistance?
Why would someone else learning or not learning Light resistance effect Malis learning Shadow Resistance?
Because then people who chose Light affinity will have a more useful elemental shield, as their shield will be the only way for teammates to have light resistance.

I think this could be remedied by giving Set light resistance.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on February 21, 2011, 11:46:38 AMI think this could be remedied by giving Set light resistance.
That is whole different issue entirely.  If you want to talk about teammates covering every elemental resistance, then go to the Teammates Affinity topic.

Any other complaints or issues about Malis learning Shadow Resistance?

Zackirus

It wasn't  complaint, I just saw a problem, I am all for the idea... however why are their so many Maybes?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on February 21, 2011, 02:31:58 PM
Quote from: MikeW781 on February 21, 2011, 11:46:38 AMI think this could be remedied by giving Set light resistance.
That is whole different issue entirely.  If you want to talk about teammates covering every elemental resistance, then go to the Teammates Affinity topic.
Its really not a whole different issue; its the reason I voted maybe, and it does pertain to the discussion at hand.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on February 21, 2011, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on February 21, 2011, 02:31:58 PM
Its really not a whole different issue; its the reason I voted maybe, and it does pertain to the discussion at hand.
You don't want Malis having shadow resistance, because you would rather have Shadow and Light be more powerful then the other elements, instead of just having Light be more powerful then the other elements?  I don't see the big disadvantage of not having one teammate have light resistance, since that teammate can't give the resistance to anyone else.