News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Marijuana

Started by Deagonx, April 20, 2011, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

Precisely. When they are smoking, these things may not be the case. But when not at a high, these things tend to happen.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on April 21, 2011, 10:49:26 PMYou think smoking increases all those things? If anything it reduces it! My brother is in much better of a mood when he is smoking.

My mom doesnt yell at me when she smokes.

They arent distant addicts, they just do it casually.
Quote from: im2smart4u on April 20, 2011, 11:50:41 PMWe now know who is funding the Mexican Drug War.  I hope your teachers, brothers, parents, and neighbors need to get high is worth the death of thousands of people.  People think that buying marijuana is a victimless crime, but the money they spend on drugs does into the hands of murders who will use that money to buy weapons.

Deagonx

Its legal in california im2smart4u. Is it still funding this "Mexican Drug War?"
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

But it's not legal in California, because California is within the United States, which has made the drug illegal.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 02, 2011, 05:46:36 PMIts legal in california im2smart4u. Is it still funding this "Mexican Drug War?"
A) Pot is still illegal in California.  Marijuana possession has been decriminalized at a state level, while growing it and selling it is still illegal.  Plus, it is still illegal at a federal level which supersedes state laws.
B)Most marijuana is not grown in the US legally.  Most marijuana purchases put money into the hands of violent criminals in the US and Mexico.
C)Marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to more purchases of methamphetamine and cocaine from Mexico.
D)You and your parents are horrible people who find their need to get high to be more important then the lives of innocent civilians.

ArtDrake

Wait -- does he or doesn't he smoke? I think he's stated that he doesn't. But he also could have said that he did at some point.

Deagonx

I don't.

Im2smart4u: And if, say, the pot that my friends have obtained they grew themselves. Or were grown in the US. Are they still harming other innocent civilians?

And no, pot is not a gateway drug. Alcohol is a gateway drug.

ArtDrake

Pot doesn't harm innocent civilians. It corrupts innocent civilians, and causes them to be guilty civilians, and then hurts them.

MikeW781

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 02, 2011, 11:47:16 PM
I'd like to see a source on that.
[spoiler]Thats the polite way of saying I think thats a totally false BS fact[/spoiler]
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Deagonx

Quote from: MikeW781 on July 03, 2011, 09:45:36 AM
Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 02, 2011, 11:47:16 PM
I'd like to see a source on that.

Experience is the best teacher.

ArtDrake

I'd rather not get led into crack addiction by marijuana smoke or imbibing alcohol. Instead, I can point out that nearly all upper-class adults drink occasionally, and nearly no upper class adults end up with crack addiction.

Just about all middle class adults drink, and crack addiction remains a problem largely focused on the lower class.
Thus, I insist that hard drugs are prevalent in the lower class because of poor public education standards and low property taxes, and all the pressures and influences that come with those, and not alcohol. However, the lower (and middle) class is most likely to consume strong alcohol regularly, resulting in an apparent correlation. However, the two are both caused by the same things: poverty.

SmartyPants

According to National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, "Among 12-to 17-year-olds with no other problem behaviors, those who used marijuana in the past month are almost 17 times likelier to use another drug like cocaine, heroin, or LSD. These correlations are stronger for boys than girls: for boys, 29 times likelier; for girls, 11 times likelier."

Of cource we should believe GameCrazyKid's experience in not ;) smoking pot that people who tried marijuana won't be more likely to try a more dangerous substance in an attempt to reach a greater high, then one who has never experienced a drug induced high.

ArtDrake

What does that statistic mean?

Are you saying that 12- to 17-year-olds who used marijuana drug within the time frame of June 4, 2011 to July 4, 2011 are almost 17 times more likely to use another, stronger, drug like cocaine, heroin, or LSD at some point later in their lives than those who did not?

Are you saying that 12- to 17-year-olds who use marijuana drug more than once a month are 17 times more likely [...] within a year from now?

Are you suggesting that 12-year-olds are 17 times more likely to use a strong drug like cocaine, heroin, or LSD if they use marijuana drug at least once a month than are 17-year-olds, each having no other problematic behaviors?

Precise wording in your statistic would help immensely; I cannot support your point with my own information if I don't understand yours.

Deagonx

Quote from: SmartyPants on July 04, 2011, 01:43:05 PM
According to National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, "Among 12-to 17-year-olds with no other problem behaviors, those who used marijuana in the past month are almost 17 times likelier to use another drug like cocaine, heroin, or LSD. These correlations are stronger for boys than girls: for boys, 29 times likelier; for girls, 11 times likelier."

Of cource we should believe GameCrazyKid's experience in not ;) smoking pot that people who tried marijuana won't be more likely to try a more dangerous substance in an attempt to reach a greater high, then one who has never experienced a drug induced high.

I find myself questioning how they go about obtaining this information.

Regardless, citations?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 04, 2011, 04:40:22 PMI find myself questioning how they go about obtaining this information.
Documented surveys and studies that are judged by their peers in the scientific community.