News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Osama bin Laden- Dead

Started by Duskling, May 01, 2011, 11:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean_Lukas

There were innocents killed in the attack because he was using a woman as a human shield and firing at the Seals. They had every intention of capturing him, if you believe the official line. I'm glad that they fought back with full force and we didn't lose everyone.

And, personally, I think he's better dead than a prisoner, for the reasons others have stated.
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Ertxiem on May 07, 2011, 10:36:01 AMI also think that capturing Osama bin Laden would raise the chance of hostages being taken and bombing targets to release him. However, I would see with better eyes a quick judgement than the execution of an unarmed person.
Also immagen trying to put him on trial.  It would take years becuase he would be bogged down with appeals claiming that he went into court with bais against him, so therefore there would be no innocence until proven guilty.  We also also spend millions of dollars moving him between a prison cell and the courthouse, because we would have to make sure terrorist don't break him out and the American vigilantes don't murder him (remember how Lee Harvey Oswald died).

Quote from: Steel Ersatz Man on May 07, 2011, 04:54:19 AMOn the other hand, he was just a very confused man who happened to have a lot of power. Also, his son was killed as well. It wasn't the sons' fault, his Dad gave him a biased viewpoint and he never heard both sides of the story. He probably thought he was protecting his hero father from the 'Evil American Capitalist Pigs.'
I don't think his son is as innocent as you claim.  Even before his father was the world's most wanted terrorist, he supported Al Qaeda which is a group that will murder thousand of innocent civilians to advance thier religious and ideological goal.  He wasn't only there to support his father as you claim.

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on May 07, 2011, 01:11:53 PMWith Osama gone, there is easily a second in command to take his place.
Osama's second in command, Ayman Al-Zawahri, is not nearly as charismatic as Osama.  Many Al Qaeda leaders won't support him as the leader and he won't raise as nearly as much money for their "cause".  Also, the leader of the Taliban, Mohammed Omar only supported Al Qaeda due to his personal friendship to Osama.

Quote from: Steelfist on May 07, 2011, 03:53:51 PMBin-Laden was not truly a leader - the leadership has long been decentralised.
According to the documents taken from Osama's compound, that assumption may be wrong.  Documents show that Osama has been advising Al Qaeda in both Yemen and Somalia.