News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

"Best" Review of Telepath RPG 2 Ever!

Started by Zackirus, July 09, 2011, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Quote from Newgrounds:

I got in a fight with some smartass demon who was pissed that I came in his so called house, there isn't even a bathroom for christ sakes. And then to make matters worse I obviously talked back to him because I don't back down to jerks and so he challenges me to a fight. I have no choice but to fight him and he beats living hell out of me. There was absolutely no way for me to run away from him so I just kind of stood there and hoped he would show mercy on me. Nope, he killed me.

Long story short I found no reason to save the game 5 minutes in and it came back to bite me on the ass, this game wasn't worth the load time and the 40 clicks for a decent attribute set. I have a small list of ways you can probably improve on the next game if you actually want to maybe try next time.

1. Make the character more 3d, even after 5 minutes i got tired of looking at my dudes head, lame.

2.Make it so you get around 400 attribute points to begin with, this way you know your a winner and you can kick smartass demons who don't know their place

3.Make it impossible to die. This is pretty important, mostly to people who don't want to start over.

4. Nudity

5. A really big sword, this is always a must in RPGs. Do you like FF7? yea, its because of the bad ass sword. Look into maybe recreating the buster sword.

6. I hate tutorials, and so does everyone else. Incorprate it into the game using some kind of reward system like in Fable.

7. Make all the enemies women and children, this market hasn't been exploited yet so its fresh for new ideas and games.

8.Turn it into a point and click adventure, I love those games!

9. Maybe make it fun? I'm having more fun critiquing this game than actually playing it.

10. Buffalo Chicken Snackers at KFC = Heaven,

In conclusion, you have a lot of work in order to make your game more fun than games like Superman 64. but I think you can do it. Just make sure this time you don't design it using MS paint and don't steal the story from that whole, you know, Star Wars franchise.

Thanks for your time,
Yours Truely,
Mr. Disappointed

Craig's Response:

QuoteI think I've figured out your problem: TRPG2 is substantially more fun if you don't take massive amounts of drugs before playing. If you were playing while sober, you might have noticed that the very first thing on the load game screen is an "AUTOSAVE SLOT." It's kind of hard to miss.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Deagonx

I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Zackirus on July 09, 2011, 06:24:31 PM
Quote from Newgrounds:

I got in a fight with some smartass demon who was pissed that I came in his so called house, there isn't even a bathroom for christ sakes. And then to make matters worse I obviously talked back to him because I don't back down to jerks and so he challenges me to a fight. I have no choice but to fight him and he beats living hell out of me. There was absolutely no way for me to run away from him so I just kind of stood there and hoped he would show mercy on me. Nope, he killed me.

Long story short I found no reason to save the game 5 minutes in and it came back to bite me on the ass, this game wasn't worth the load time and the 40 clicks for a decent attribute set. I have a small list of ways you can probably improve on the next game if you actually want to maybe try next time.

1. Make the character more 3d, even after 5 minutes i got tired of looking at my dudes head, lame.

2.Make it so you get around 400 attribute points to begin with, this way you know your a winner and you can kick smartass demons who don't know their place

3.Make it impossible to die. This is pretty important, mostly to people who don't want to start over.

4. Nudity

5. A really big sword, this is always a must in RPGs. Do you like FF7? yea, its because of the bad ass sword. Look into maybe recreating the buster sword.

6. I hate tutorials, and so does everyone else. Incorprate it into the game using some kind of reward system like in Fable.

7. Make all the enemies women and children, this market hasn't been exploited yet so its fresh for new ideas and games.

8.Turn it into a point and click adventure, I love those games!

9. Maybe make it fun? I'm having more fun critiquing this game than actually playing it.

10. Buffalo Chicken Snackers at KFC = Heaven,

In conclusion, you have a lot of work in order to make your game more fun than games like Superman 64. but I think you can do it. Just make sure this time you don't design it using MS paint and don't steal the story from that whole, you know, Star Wars franchise.

Thanks for your time,
Yours Truely,
Mr. Disappointed

Craig's Response:

QuoteI think I've figured out your problem: TRPG2 is substantially more fun if you don't take massive amounts of drugs before playing. If you were playing while sober, you might have noticed that the very first thing on the load game screen is an "AUTOSAVE SLOT." It's kind of hard to miss.
Zack, I wonder if you could post a link to that review?
I doesn't care, do I?

Zackirus

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Wow. I think some of the people making those reviews were high. They obviously don't get the fact that you need to be a little more delicate when dealing with Shadowlings. Not every battle should be charged into head on. :P

ArtDrake

52s? The first people you face don't even hit 10s.

Tastidian

Oh my what a review that was the funniest review so far. Oh man as wrong as this guy is this gave me a good lauggdd sorry i acant type correctly at the nmmonment.

Tastidian

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 10, 2011, 01:02:32 PM
Wow. I think some of the people making those reviews were high. They obviously don't get the fact that you need to be a little more delicate when dealing with Shadowlings. Not every battle should be charged into head on. :P
Funny thing I always charge him head on every time I play.

Duskling

Perhaps he is trolling? It doesn't really look like a legitimate review to me, more of a joke.

bugfartboy

Wow Duskie. I don't think any of us saw that. ::) [/sarcasm]
:P

Duskling

Quote from: bugfartboy on July 28, 2011, 08:48:50 AM
Wow Duskie. I don't think any of us saw that. ::) [/sarcasm]
:P
*Profound Shame*

ArtDrake

The Holy namelesskitty

No, I've seen dumber serious responses than this, this guy was serious, albeit stoned, but serious.

This is one of the moments that you show the " Not sure if trolling, or just stupid." pictures.

Maybe he tried expert the first time and expected the game to be completely nerf'd. Then again he might just be mentally ill and worthy of my deepest sympathies.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic