News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Food Stamps - Valid at Fast Food Restaurants?

Started by Deagonx, September 13, 2011, 09:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Deagonx on September 23, 2011, 03:34:58 PMWell even so I don't really care that McDonalds is unhealthy, and that isn't why I'm opposed to the use of food stamps there.
I don't know about you, but I am more concerned about the extra cost involved.

Deagonx

Quote from: SmartyPants on September 23, 2011, 09:48:51 PM
Quote from: Deagonx on September 23, 2011, 03:34:58 PMWell even so I don't really care that McDonalds is unhealthy, and that isn't why I'm opposed to the use of food stamps there.
I don't know about you, but I am more concerned about the extra cost involved.

Ditto.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

Quote from: SmartyPants on September 22, 2011, 11:15:06 PM
I think he is saying that lobbyist[s would] convince lawmakers to allow food stamps to be used on unhealthy food.

Pretty much. That appears to be what the present issue is.

No matter how hard we try to give hungry nutritionally challenged children healthy foods, lobbyists come in and say that it's unfair, and that we should give fast food to hungry nutritionally challenged children.

Deagonx

I'm confused. Are you for the usage of food stamps (food debit card) at Fast Food Restaurants or against?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

bugfartboy

Quote from: Duckling on September 30, 2011, 09:27:40 PM
Rather against.

I'm not (planning on) getting into the discussion, but I'd like to say that this is one of those rare moments when the duck and I are in agreement.

ArtDrake

For somewhat different reasons, I'd venture, but yes; we appear to be in agreement.