News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepathy Imagery?

Started by Zackirus, September 15, 2011, 04:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

We all know that Psy can communicate telepathically by being able to read the thoughts of others and transmit their own.

With that, do you then think it is possible for a Telepath to imagine an image or a picture in his/her head and then send it to however he/she is communicating with?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Dean_Lukas

It sounds possible to me. It might just take a little more concentration or practice.
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Steelfist

Surely, if they can transmit information in the form of words, they can transmit information in the form of images. It operates of the same principle, doesn't it? But a picture is made up of a lot of information, so I would assume it takes more concentration.

SmartyPants

Users of The Sight can scan visual thought streams to compose a picture of the battlefield.  If one see the visual thoughts of someone through scanning, then I assume that one can send visual thoughts through contacting.

Zhampir

The librarian in the introduction thinks images of Duvalier's death to him. So; yes.

Tastidian

Quite possibly, but if so this can be a deadly weapon to those who do not understand or can decipher that this is a mere psy trick. Therefore those with meek intellectuallity can be easily controlled by such powers. I also think that sending such images might be easily done.

Recall the psy academy in TRPG2 i think is the second one but im not sure. Anyways the main character is teaching the two young students how the mind blast or something like that works. "I'm sorry if certain aspects of the game seems wrong in my description its been far too long." Where he describes something about the concious fiters out most of the needed information need to be transfered to have a succesful overflow of info the the opisite user's brain that is normally fillterd out buy the subconcious that would normally overwhelm the concious.

On another note the description above leads me to think Craig studies Sigmund Freud.

Timman183

Quote from: Dullahan on February 10, 2012, 05:01:14 PM
Quite possibly, but if so this can be a deadly weapon to those who do not understand or can decipher that this is a mere psy trick. Therefore those with meek intellectuallity can be easily controlled by such powers. I also think that sending such images might be easily done.

Recall the psy academy in TRPG2 i think is the second one but im not sure. Anyways the main character is teaching the two young students how the mind blast or something like that works. "I'm sorry if certain aspects of the game seems wrong in my description its been far too long." Where he describes something about the concious fiters out most of the needed information need to be transfered to have a succesful overflow of info the the opisite user's brain that is normally fillterd out buy the subconcious that would normally overwhelm the concious.

On another note the description above leads me to think Craig studies Sigmund Freud.

yes, and perhaps "yawah" has mastered this ability and created the illusion of a god in the minds of the weak. If the trainer could manipulate 12 guards with ease then yawah and his followers could do the same. With that over time the religion would grow in strenth over time supplying itself with illusions.