As part of my ongoing effort to destroy every bug and improve the experience of playing Telepath Tactics for everyone, I’ve updated the game yet again! This brings us to version 1.025. Here are the changes:
- you can now right-click character portraits during deployment and on the reserve supplies screen to bring up the character details window! No more having to remember all of your characters’ attributes when deciding whom to field or where to distribute supplies and equipment.
- fixed a bug in which the game would not load more than 7 of each character’s attacks at the start of battle, even if the character actually knew 8 or 9 or 10 attacks.
- fixed a particularly annoying bug in which the actions window would sometimes spawn offscreen if you started a battle while in windowed mode.
- fixed a bug in which the player could open up the settings menu during the enemy turn and surrender on the enemy’s behalf, then get the Victory screen.
- the save file for procedurally generated levels now displays the type of procedurally generated level as the level name instead of a crazy string of words, numbers, and punctuation marks.
- fixed a bug in which the Map to the Mines remained in Emma’s inventory even after it should have been gone.
- fixed a bug in which player-built bridge tiles with characters standing on them would not be removed from the path of the drawbridge before the stone bridge spawned in the bandit escape mission, leading to situations in which the AI characters would target the old bridge for attacks as if it were still there.
- changed the contents of the treasure chests in the Defending the Camp battle from bandages and focus pills to things that are more useful and interesting.
I’m not done with implementing fixes to all of the issues players have brought to my attention, but we’re getting close! The game’s bugs list is much, much smaller than it was a week ago. There are a few bugs still left to tackle, though, plus the matter of fixing poor performance during some of the game’s larger battles. Those remain for fixing in version 1.03, which I will be getting started on as soon as possible!