News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

About helping out Arman... (SPOILERS! BEWARE!)

Started by Tunnel-Master, May 04, 2012, 06:41:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunnel-Master

Hey guys. So, I've played all the way through the game once now and started a new character the other day. I was a little saddened by the outcome of the Arman side quest in my first run-through, but I figured that if I... [spoiler] broke into the Black Rose HQ BEFORE liberating the labor camp and scanned the enforcer's mind before he gets to Arman, then I could prevent his death altogether and not have to find his body in the desert later on. [/spoiler] Well, I tried that and it didn't seem to work, and the poking around I've done on-line seems to suggest that the only way to get the best outcome for this quest is to have a fairly high aptitude before speaking to Al'al about Arman's problem. And that would be fine, except I've already spent quite a bit of time training, leveling, etc. and talking to Al'al was one of the first things that I did. (The 500 gold is nice to have when you start a new game, after all...)

So I guess my question is, am I missing anything? Or is the only way to [spoiler] prevent Arman from being killed by the Order of the Black Rose [/spoiler] is to have a high aptitude when you first confront Al'al? Because unfortunately, after Al'al refuses to take the gold from you, it's no longer possible to talk to him or read his mind or anything. :-/ (And I'd love to not be forced to start another character after already devoting quite a bit of time to building this one!)

Thanks for any info!

CraigStern

[spoiler]That's interesting about scanning Qatil before the assassination; I hadn't thought of that approach. Maybe I'll put something in a future patch to address that. :)

For now, though, yes: you need to talk to Al'al with an aptitude of at least 11 and a personality of at least 10 to prevent Arman from getting killed.[/spoiler]

Tunnel-Master

Haha, that's pretty exciting, actually. Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to seeing if that questline changes at all in a patch down the road! ^_^