News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics single player campaign

Started by CraigStern, July 07, 2012, 03:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Previous games were hard-coded with an 8-character limit for your team, and a 10-character limit for the enemy. There exists no such limitation in Telepath Tactics. Theoretically, you could have armies of hundreds fighting each other (though that would make for some really long turns).

As a practical matter, players are limited to 24 units in multiplayer; in single player, the army gets as big as I decide to make it.

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on July 12, 2012, 01:03:49 PM
Quote from: SmartyPants on July 12, 2012, 12:29:46 PM
Quote from: CraigStern on July 12, 2012, 06:35:24 AMThat said, the game does support unique units, so there will likely be at least a few battles where your units outclass the enemy's.
Will that mean that the enemy will have their own unique units like stationary energy golems and phantom armors?
They'll have unique enemies, but no energy golems. I don't have the time or the budget to commission a bunch of unique character graphics just for the campaign mode, unfortunately.
For some reason, I assumed that the phantom armor and energy golem character graphics were created before you decided to get rid of them.
Is it still possible to make unique characters like Shadowling Healers and Spriggat Healers using pre-existing character graphics?

CraigStern

Those are likely possibilities--most of the psy attacks will have animations separate from the character using them, so you should be able to mix and match any psy-capable class with different psy abilities. At least, that's the plan--the animations aren't all done yet, so I don't want to commit to anything until I've figured out the best way to get everything working.

SmartyPants

Awesome.  That means it is possible to face spirits that use cyro blast and shadowling/spriggats that use shields.

Are shadowlings and spriggats native to the Dundar Archipelago or did they emigrate from the Shadowlands?

CraigStern

I prefer not to answer that one just yet. ;)

CraigStern

Leveling-up now works in campaign mode! ;)

CraigStern

Save and Load are now working, meaning (among other things) that level-ups and other permanent character changes now get carried over between battles.

SmartyPants

In the campaign, will there be multiple factions on one map?
For example, will there be ally units that the player doesn't control?

CraigStern

I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure if the campaign really calls for it, honestly, and I need to avoid feature creep if I'm going to get this game done in a reasonable amount of time. We'll see.

CraigStern

Support for custom, player-created campaigns is now fully functional in Telepath Tactics. ;)

SmartyPants

After players make their own campaigns, what would be the best way for them to share them with others?

CraigStern

It'll probably be easiest to distribute campaigns via .zip files. Or are you asking if I'm going to be managing some kind of player-submitted campaign repository?

SmartyPants

I wondering if you were planning on having players exchange files among themselves, or if you were planning on storing player-sibmitted campaigns and multiplayer maps on your website. 

CraigStern

I definitely want there to be an online repository of maps and campaigns, but I haven't decided specifically how I'm going to handle it yet.

bugfartboy

You could attempt to draw more attention to the forums and have a thread specifically for custom campaigns? Or perhaps a subsection under the Telepath Tactics section of the forums?