News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Developer's Log

Started by CraigStern, February 11, 2013, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which, under very particular circumstances, the game would just continue creating hundreds and hundreds of logs every few seconds until the player quits.

--fixed a bug in which the AI would sometimes decide that Cavaliers could charge through spaces that they most definitely cannot charge through. (Among other things, the algorithm that checks to see if a charge path is clear now treats barricades and walls with windows as walls, as it ought to.)

CraigStern

--made victory by killing all enemies in the Rescuing Meridian battle dramatically more difficult

--if you do somehow manage to take down Gulch in that battle, the game will now treat you as having rescued Meridian afterwards ;)

--added some dialog if you try to go to the third floor in the bandit's fortress explaining why you can't go up there

CraigStern

--posted about the game's release date

--took care of a bunch of business stuff (got organized as an LLC, obtained a federal tax ID number for the business, began the process of getting a business checking account)

CraigStern

--fixed an oversight in the game's AI code wherein the IgnoreArmy tag would cause an AI character to ignore members of an army, but still target objects belonging to them (as denoted with an army number 100 above the number of the army to ignore) as enemies.

[spoiler](Right now, this most prominently manifests in Annel Stormhunter attacking the player's tent in the battle with Ebon Raban.)[/spoiler]

--fixed a few triggered scripts in the battle with Ebon Raban showing dialog when they shouldn't.

CraigStern

--Pilfer now allows the user to move afterwards

--fixed a bug in which Edwin Gabbergast would not appear in the reserve supply menu in the battle after he's recruited

--fixed a bug in which an item sack that spawns on a space already occupied by a character would cause the game to disregard that character for purposes of other characters' movement

CraigStern

--new item: Fur-Lined Cloak. Gives the wearer 15% cold resistance.

--made it so cloaks are equipped to the back rather than the torso (so they can be worn concurrently with armor)

--fixed a bug in which items that ostensibly altered a character's counter limit would do no such thing

--I believe I fixed a bug in which the game would not properly save all of a character's tags between battles; I'll have to test it later, though

CraigStern

--tweaked how the AI deals with the IgnoreArmy tag so that armies set to ignore the player will also ignore objects (bridges, barricades, etc.) created by the player.

--confirmed: I finally fixed that stupid tag-saving bug! I hadn't noticed it earlier because the bug only affects tags with more than 1 parameter, and I haven't used many of those in the main campaign. (In the campaign, the bug manifests with assassin characters who had lockpicks left equipped from a previous battle; these characters would not get the normal 50 damage against chests from using Pilfer until they unequipped and then re-equipped the lockpicks. That's fixed now!)

--fixed a mistyped variable in the game's "clearPathCheck()" routine, one which I suspect was causing the game to freeze under certain circumstances (in particular when enemy cavaliers used the Charge attack).

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which characters were no longer getting experience for using Create abilities

--fixed a bug in which characters were no longer getting experience for using non-damaging abilities that move other characters around (Shove, Pull, Kinetic Gust, etc.)

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the experience gain from reading primers would not be applied immediately

--fixed a bug in which characters would no longer level up from striking a battle-winning blow until the next battle

CraigStern

--found and fixed an incompatibility in the code with my solution to the tag-saving bug, one that would result in characters (and thus, battles) not loading properly after saving from the previous completed battle. (I'm not 100% sure, but this might invalidate saved games from earlier versions.)

--made it so you can talk to Annel with either Emma or Sabrina, and doing so now gives you control over him for the remainder of the battle

CraigStern

--designed "box art" for use in promoting the game

--took care of more business stuff; created a business checking account for the LLC, advanced the Steam sign-up process further

CraigStern

--fixed a bug in which the game would not "remember" changes you made to characters' inventories in the reserve supplies screen if those characters were not then used in the subsequent battle.

--the game now remembers any all changes you make to the reserve supply inventory (and individual character inventories) during the deployment phase before a battle starts. Even if you quit during the battle and restart, all the work you did shuffling and arranging items among your team members during the deployment phase will be saved.

--fixed a couple of bugs where the game would try to alter the stats of a character not currently on the battlefield if you had someone drop an equipped item during deployment.

CraigStern

--started working on functionality for a PAX demo version of the game. First on the agenda was support for email registration, since there is se;dom any internet to speak of at these conventions. To this end, the game now allows you to type in your email, which is then saved locally so I can use it later to send out emails to everyone who tried the game. :)

CraigStern

--added documentation of the OnLoaded dialog trigger type to the manual.

CraigStern

--I believe I fixed a bug where an item sack lying in the water would prevent a bridge tile from being built on that space; I have to test this, though