News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The early access bug reporting thread

Started by CraigStern, February 18, 2013, 10:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

I think I fixed that one; try updating to v 0.455.375. :)

JeenLeen

That problem did go away.  I'm now on 0.455.376.

Two odd bugs.
1. With my Spearman, I targeted one of my allies with his spear attack.  When the warning about hitting an ally came up, I choose to not attack the ally, but afterward clicking the 'cancel' button to cancel the attack wouldn't work either.  I selected an enemy to continue the battle.

2. At the end of the battle, just the spearman was left.  He moved and killed the last enemy, but it stayed his turn.  When I clicked on him, the 'cannot act after attacking' text came up.  If I choose 'end turn' from the menu, nothing happened.  Also, if I clicked 'Surrender', nothing happened.  Had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out.

Edit: in another fight, the battle ended normally when I won.  Maybe it had to do with just having one character left on the map?

JeenLeen

v 0.455.376

In a battle at Stonebridge, I was moving one of my units (an Archer), then hitting the button to undo it, then moving him, fairly rapidly.  For some reason, I could move through one of my allies (Crossbow, who had not acted yet), and I ended my  move on the same space as the ally.

I think this happened after the archer shot but had move left over, but I'm not 100% sure.  It didn't occur to me that it was odd to move through friendly units until after everything was done.

Once the Archer was on top of the other unit, only the Archer showed up if I clicked there.  (I had not chosen to end its action, but it had attacked and was out of move.)  I had another unit Shove, and that moved the archer such that the other unit could act.

Sorry for no screenshot; I copied some text afterwards without thinking and thus lost it from the Copy & Paste.

JeenLeen

v0.455.376

I played through the Kovit campaign (up until the weapon depot battle), and I'm pretty sure it wasn't collecting the item bags after combat ended.  The reason for this is that I manually collected 125 money, and that's all I had when meeting Mad Aziz (sp?).

CraigStern

Yeah, that's a known issue. I need to fix that. :)

bum_199

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but the link to download the map editor sent to backers is down. I cant download the map editor.

Tunnel-Master

Hello. I downloaded 0.455.376 a couple of days ago, but sadly, whenever I reach the part where Lakshmi says, "I bet that depot is filled with supplies," the game hangs and I can't continue my turn. It's acting as if it isn't hearing my mouse clicks; I try clicking in the dialogue box to close it, but nothing happens.

EDIT: Sorry, that could have been clearer. The mission where the hangup occurs is the one in which you retake the weapons depot, but that was probably self-evident to you.

CraigStern

Thanks for the report; I'll look into this.

JeenLeen

v 0.455.379

At Donut Tower, an enemy spriggat was off the tower (at the upper-right corner).  I moved my assassin next to it, and the assassin could not target it with a melee attack. 
Perhaps this is intentional due to elevation, but it seemed like a bug.

EDIT: I know a melee attack shouldn't be able to hit someone who had fallen in the water, but it seems a flyer (who could use their breath attack) should be able to be hit.  I haven't seen if a flyer could use its melee attack against someone who cannot melee against them.

CraigStern

Your intuition is correct. This isn't a bug, but rather a basic limitation imposed on non-flyers who attempt to use melee attacks across large elevation differences. Flyers can overcome this limitation because--well, you know--they fly. ;)

JeenLeen

Quote from: CraigStern on January 05, 2014, 12:11:11 AM
Your intuition is correct. This isn't a bug, but rather a basic limitation imposed on non-flyers who attempt to use melee attacks across large elevation differences. Flyers can overcome this limitation because--well, you know--they fly. ;)

I haven't tested this yet, but in such a situation, can (and it is intended for) if a spriggat uses Claw on a Swordsman, that the Swordsman can counter-attack?  I imagine the flyer is still at a far lower elevation according to the mechanics of the game system, but it is in-game flying 'up' to claw at the swordsman so it seems the swordsman should be able to counter?

bugfartboy

I've noticed a bug where in Kovit the player can end their turn, and have all of their units refreshed.  It seems that the enemy skips its turn.  So far I've noticed this the most during Ploutos Weapons Depot.

Tunnel-Master

Hello. Just a couple of things about version 0.455.430. First of all, it appears that if you convince Scarlet or Lakshmi to join you during the caravan mission and subsequently lose the battle and retry, you will still have Scarlet/Lakshmi on your team in addition to the Scarlet/Lakshmi in the caravan guards. But even though it's possible to have two Scarlets and two Lakshmis by doing this, it doesn't seem possible to get past the load screen at the end of that mission.

Also, in the little shop section following the caravan mission, I kept getting stuck if I bought anything or if I had Emma look at her inventory.

ArtDrake

Did a recent update break the Tutorial of the Public Demo? I'm getting no sprites, just black silhouettes; the characters only have movement range of one; and a few other things are broken as well. This is probably not top priority, and it might be only happening for me.

CraigStern

That's an old bug, actually; try updating your build.