News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

How to report a bug

Started by CraigStern, January 02, 2015, 11:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Thanks for playing Telepath Tactics, and for helping me to improve the game with a bug report! While you're at it, there are a few things you can do to make your bug report especially helpful to me:

1) describe what was going on in the game immediately before the bug occurred in as much detail as possible.

2) describe the bug itself in as much detail as possible.

3) attach the log file and saved game file to your post. This is really important, as these let me know what was going on in the game's code at the time! (You can force the game to produce a log file by hitting the 'L' key on your keyboard.) The log file will be a .txt file in Documents > My Games > Telepath Tactics > Logs, with the filename showing the exact date and time when the log was generated--you want to attach the one with a time stamp from right when the bug occurred. Your saved game file will be in Documents > My Games > Telepath Tactics > Saved Games.

4) provide a screenshot of the bug. This is not as important as attaching the log file, but it can still be helpful. (Most PCs should have a prt scrn button that'll copy a screenshot to your computer's clipboard; you can then use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into any image editing program.)

(Note: to attach files to posts, click the Attachments and other options link below the text box and click the Browse button right below Attach.)