[MOD] [The Vengeance of Emma Strider] - Unbreakable Weapons, with tripled extras

Started by bugfartboy, April 23, 2015, 10:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Are you sick and tired of your main weapon going "ker-chink" in the middle of battle?  Are you frustrated at not being able to afford armor because you need to keep buying enemy-defeating weapons?  Be frustrated no more! 

Bugfartboy's Unbreakable Weapons, with tripled extras eliminates the oppressive PLANNED OBSOLESENCE "The Man" (aka Developer Craig Stern) imposes on the game.  Using our secret formula of superglue, processed crude oil, silicon, trapped lightning, and NUMBERS (!!!) :D all weapons are protected from breakage, 100% guaranteed!

That means your trusty iron sword will never dull, your bow will last forever, and your trusty spear will never stop poking your foes!  Consumable items such as throwing axes and bandages, however, last 3(THREE !!!) times as long as their original counterparts.  So while your regular axe might last forever, your throwing axe will not.  It will just last a longlonglongtime.

Because our virtually-indistinguishable-from-the-original products are about to flood the market, any and all merchants will refuse to buy any piece of equipment from you.  That means any weapons you aren't using will just sit in your tent until you finally decide to do your spring cleaning and THROWthem away at a pre-arranged landfill where we'll allow them to just pile up until we can't pile them any more.

So if you like indestructible weapons and hate the environment, this mod is for you.Youhorribleperson.

As the title and description might suggest: this is a quick mod for The Vengeance of Emma Strider that prevents main weapons from breaking.

Important notes:

• Main weapons will not break
  • Consumable items such as lockpicks, bandages, and battle primers last 3 times as long
  • You obviously don't care for the environment of the Dundar Archipelago (kidding)

To install, just replace the "ItemClasses.xml" file in "Telepath Tactics/Data/Campaigns/The Vengeance of Emma Strider" directory with the attached file.

If I missed anything, just let me know.

UPDATES:
[spoiler]
2015/06/09
Updated to include the legendary bow Lyrio, and use the new steel item sprites.
[/spoiler]

CraigStern

This is a great idea for a mod, but...three times the durability on battle primers? Characters are going to end up way overleveled! :o

Senteria

Quote from: CraigStern on April 23, 2015, 11:42:56 AM
This is a great idea for a mod, but...three times the durability on battle primers? Characters are going to end up way overleveled! :o

I don't plan to use battle primers. Well I used one. I agree with said statement about battle primers. Should just be a one time only use.

bugfartboy

I was aiming more to make the campaign as easy as the player wanted to make it. That way they can enjoy the story however they wanted, without getting so frustrated at losing battles all the time. For the record, though, I personally enjoy losing battles once in a while.

Senteria

Quote from: bugfartboy on April 23, 2015, 12:55:22 PM
I was aiming more to make the campaign as easy as the player wanted to make it. That way they can enjoy the story however they wanted, without getting so frustrated at losing battles all the time. For the record, though, I personally enjoy losing battles once in a while.

Having your weapons break =/= campaign being easy. It just stops you from spending endless amounts of money on weapons you already own just so you wont be without any.

bugfartboy

Quote from: bugfartboy on April 23, 2015, 12:55:22 PM
I was aiming more to make the campaign as easy as the player wanted to make it.
I was referring to the Battle Primers, the strongest of which now bestows up to a total of 6,300 experience points, or 63 levels before being deleted.  That's enough to bring 3 characters up to level 20 from level 1.  Level 20 being the point at which a player unit receives a promotion.

bugfartboy

Updated to include the legendary bow Lyrio, and use the new steel item sprites. I hadn't realized that a new bow had been added until I started crawling through the newest ItemClasses file.