Games > Telepath Tactics

Modder's Q&A thread

(1/4) > >>

Kletian999:
I was thinking it'd be great to have a resource thread for questions future modders might have that haven't been covered in tutorials yet.

The Feedback attack does damage based on lost HP, but I don't see where in the XML file for attacks that logic exists.  Can you explain that?

bugfartboy:
If you look in the Atk tag for it, you might notice a selfHealFactor property.  This is the percentage of damage done that gets restored as health. It's limit is your max health, because it doesn't do anything to raise your health cap.

It's worth noting that setting it to a negative number does nothing.

Likewise attacks like Soul Suck use the selfFocusFactor property. Like selfHealFactor it determines the amount of damage or shielding that gets restored as energy.

It's worth noting that you CAN use a negative number with this property to add a variable cost to an attack, such as in Transfer.

If there are any more questions you have, if I can answer them I will. :)

CraigStern:
This is a good idea for a thread! I'm stickying it. ;)

Kletian999:
So if I understand, an Attack with the "life drain" property but 0% self heal coefficient becomes an non-healing attack that's damage capped to how much you lost?

bugfartboy:
What do you mean by "life drain" property?  There is no such thing. A "vampire" attack such as feedback is simply a regular attack that damages health with a selfHealFactor greater than 0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version