The Sinister Design Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Author Topic: Stat overflow when class-change happens as a result of using battle primer  (Read 1931 times)

Zetor

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile

I used the last charge of my expert Battle Primer on Lakshmi, giving her enough xp to get to level 20 and class-change to Arbalist. Problem is, as soon as she did that, her current HP went into overflow (-276/44). I'll keep her away from enemy fire for the time being...

bugfartboy

• White Cape
    • View Profile

I can't help with fixing the bug but: if this acts like everything else that has ever allowed a character to reach a negative health value safely, she should be nigh invincible for the rest of that battle. I have no idea what will hapoen when the game resets her health at the beginning of a new battle, though.

Zetor

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile

Well, I used Motivate on her once to get a second turn, and that killed her right there. /sadface

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design

Whoa. You wouldn't happen to have a log for this, would you?

Zetor

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile

It didn't generate a log for either event (the overflow or death-by-Motivate) -- I did force a log when I noticed the negative hp, though (it's attached to the OP).

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design

Hm, okay. Putting this on The List!

Zetor

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile

Resurrecting this, because I just had a similar experience... only it's reproducible (though the bug looks like it may be due to something else).

Silithis was promoted to Drake (after using a primer, natch), and was able to equip the flail, which I did. However, once I unequipped the flail, her HP dropped by 250, landing her in the negatives! Since the flail costs 250 aura, this may just be a typo in the item stats? (edit: just checked, and it seems it does have 250 to max HP in ItemClasses.xml. Strength modifier is also +12, but description only says +11)

e: her str also kept increasing every time I re-equip the flail. This may just be an artifact of the overflow, though.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:20:42 AM by Zetor »

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design

Whoops! Turns out, that one was just a straightforward typo in the Flail's stats--not anything to do with the primer. It'll be fixed in the next update.

Zetor

• Stone Golem
    • View Profile

As it turns out, the original bug also wasn't related to the primer... but rather me equipping the shiny Arbalist-only vibra-powered crossbow. It seems to give +320 hp, so if I equip and unequip it, the character's HP goes negative! Strength also keeps stacking, just as with the flail.

CraigStern

• The Creator
  • Administrator
  • General
    • View Profile
    • Sinister Design

Ah! Good catch; that'll be fixed shortly. :)

Marking this resolved for now.