News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Training mission goes weird if Emma stands still

Started by Chocobo_Fan, August 07, 2015, 03:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobo_Fan

In the training mission, the tooltip tells you to move Emma on the first turn. If you ignore this and end the turn immediately, Silithis never gives Emma the sword, so she can't attack. Silithis' dialogue is also a bit weird; she attacks after saying she's going to give Emma a bandage, for instance. I think the sequence skips a step so the dialogue is always one pace ahead of the action, or something like that.

CraigStern

That's weird. I end the turn without moving in that battle all the time, and it works okay. I just tried it again and I can't seem to reproduce the issue. Do you have a log, by any chance?

Chocobo_Fan

Agh, sorry, I forgot to take a log. I just reproduced it, though! It only happens if you select Emma and then end the turn. I did the Shift+E shortcut, if that matters.

CraigStern

Okay, I just analyzed your log--do you have a modified Training.xml? One with an extra army in it? Because from your log, it looks like there's a fourth army present on the battlefield. The game seems to think that there's an Army 3, which is throwing off the turn order, which in turn means dialogue isn't triggering on the appropriate turn.

Chocobo_Fan