News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

TsoG General Improvements Thread

Started by Presentiment, March 07, 2010, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

Moving back to the topic, I'm not quite sure brutal difficulty should award more money. After all, it would make the game much harder if not only the enemies were stronger, but you didn't even get more gold for killing them. It would make it even harder if you got less gold for killing them.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Quote from: Presentiment on March 13, 2010, 06:51:17 PM
Just because someone says something is true does not mean it is true.

In this case that is the developer speaking, and what we can certainly take to be true is the intention of Rahel having her own niche. What I do agree with is that it would be nice to have a new attack for her that covers more spaces, or an even further ranged attack, as against other teammates she does come up a little on the weak side. However,part of this discussion can migrate to the "new attacks for teammates" thread, just to keep everything in one place. And this discussion is relevant in context of giving teammates new atatcks to balance them out.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Presentiment

Quote from: yogc on March 14, 2010, 12:26:15 PM
Moving back to the topic, I'm not quite sure brutal difficulty should award more money. After all, it would make the game much harder if not only the enemies were stronger, but you didn't even get more gold for killing them. It would make it even harder if you got less gold for killing them.

It just means you have to grind a whole lot more.

Zhampir

I think you should be given more gold. Especially not given less. As Presentiment pointed out, the player would have to grind more making the game redundant and less enjoyable.

cyso

Good point. It would be very annoying having to fight 10 or more Deeper Down missions just to get enough money to train the character a level or two. However, there shouldn't be much more money gained. After all, if you gain enough money to level up your character easier in brutal, then the fact that the enemies are stronger would only make a difference in the beginning. You could get around this by making training more expensive in brutal (assuming it isn't already).

Presentiment

Or you can just powerlevel on custom maps after beating Azma/Jabbar/Fernatus/the seven guards.

EDIT: Did a suggestion just get integrated?

EDIT: CleverBump

CraigStern

This is useful feedback--I'm tweaking Rahel a bit so her attacks deal a little more damage, but lowering her starting Strength to compensate. (Which means you'll be able to train her Strength more cheaply, but she'll start out the game dealing the same damage she does now.)

Presentiment

Although not necessary and potentially tedious, a death animation other than fading into purple could be implemented, for example, collapsing and then fading.

KZ

I find that to be quite low on the priority list: if anything else can be done, such as GUI tweaking, I'd rather see that added in.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

MikeW781

this is a legitament complaint: fire affinity is terrible
we have a red spriggat that deals fire damage, which overlaps a fire affinity hero, and pyro hail is the weakest attack
Mayhaps it could have higher potential, such as its damage could begin to raise higher i.e. non-linear growth
that way users that picked fire affinity would have a chance at being (eventualy) the strongest
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

I like that idea. The attacks starting off strong have less potential, and the attacks starting weak have the greatest. (reminds me of how pokemon balances the monsters, abra, the strongest psy starts off weakest)

Idozen Cair

I doesn't care, do I?

cyso

Zackirus

Adding a Mute Button To The Options Page: I sometimes want to listen to the final countdown while killing Dark Spriggats and Shadowling guardians.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

When do you get to kill Dark Spriggats and Shadowling guardians?