News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Shadowling aging process

Started by Duskling, April 03, 2010, 01:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

I see that most Shadowlings in Telepath RPG Chapter 2 are red. While that would make sense if they didn't age, there is evidence that they do age and change color as they do so. I believe that that should have been changed, since General Darkeye and Darkling seem like they are years, or even decades apart. Another Shadowling that was red when he should have not been is Hellion, he seems almost the same age as Tastidian. Perhaps it was that the game was rushed or the Creator simply didn't have the time or patience to add in the Shadowling aging process. However, I don't mean to say that the aging process was completely overlooked, some Shadowlings with signs of aging are Festus, Tastidian, and Lala. While there are aged Shadowlings in Somnus and the military, there should have been more with changed colors.

KZ

Duskling: if you have time to look on the old forums, there is a huge thread dedicated to the discussion of Shadowling colour and aging, and, effectively, it's all been worked out. There is a connection between colour and age for Shadowlings, but it's relatievly loose one, that is to say- it's more like how would a person appear to someone else, rather than real age- some age quicker, others more slowly, so Gen. Darkeye is still "in good chape" for his age. The way it goes is the following: red are youngesters and into adulthood they remain red, purple is circa 40ish in human terms, then blue comes over, then, towards the end, they go green. Shadowlings of exceptional power,such as Nelis or Tastidian, are not quite on the same level- they simply glow, with that Psy power emenating from them.
Whilst on subject of Shadowling peculairities- horns are just a curiosity, a something that some Shadowlings have whilst others don't- there is no correlation between age, military rank and number or even presence of horns.

It's nice that you've brought this old subject up though ;)
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

The shadowling age according to the color wheel:

There are two reasons Darkeye is red.  For a general he is still realtively young during the Shadow War and (if he is still alive) he probably turning blue during the events of TSoG.  Darkeye also ages well.  At the age where most shadowling start turning purple, Darkeye is still red.
Both Noctus and Hellion should be red because they both are young military officers.

I think we should complete the color wheel.
Newborns shadowlings should be orange.  During puberty, shadowling begin to turn from orange to red.
I think Shadowlings should turn yellow when they are dying of old age.

The Shadowling Circle of Life:
Orange=>Red=>Purple=>Blue=>Green=>Yellow

CraigStern

It might help to think of it like "going gray"--some people get gray hair early in their 20s, and some people don't go gray until they're in their 40s or 50s. It's hard to pinpoint a person's age just by looking at the pigmentation of their hair, and it's similarly imprecise trying to determine a shadowling's age by his or her hand/eye color.

Duskling

Thank you very much for clearing this up for me, I really don't consider the Old Forums much often :-[

SmartyPants

* Shadowboxer and Darkling are red because they are very young.
* Darkeye is a young for a general who is nearing middle age, but is aging well so he is still red
* Malis is purple, because she transiting between a young, red shadowling to a older women
* Festus is blue, because he is an older shadowling
* Tastidian is blue, because of his age too, but he a has white glow because of his enormous power
* Lala is green, because she is very old.
* Nelis is colorless, since she is an ageless immortal.  Her white glow show her almost limitless amount of power

torugo

but the dean said nelis was mortal and you were able to kill her so technicaly she is not immortal
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zhampir

So, then if they turned into a complete glow (no visible body) then that "thing" would have limitless power? Or would it be the gift itself, Such as mass turning into pure energy?

Zackirus

Quote from: Zhampir on April 06, 2010, 07:02:02 PM
So, then if they turned into a complete glow (no visible body) then that "thing" would have limitless power? Or would it be the gift itself, Such as mass turning into pure energy?

I think the gift itself would be more reasonable than the pure energy (Physics Laws)
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: torugo on April 06, 2010, 06:11:41 PM
but the dean said nelis was mortal and you were able to kill her so technicaly she is not immortal
By immortal, I met that she is unable to die from old age.  Like a vampire, she can be killed despite being immortal.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Shadoroq on January 30, 2011, 06:09:32 PMThe aging process of Shadowlings intrigues me, so I devised a chart estimating their color. Theoreticals (Orange and Yellow) included.
This is an interesting work, and it is a good way to show the theoretical age progression of shadowlings.  The only issue with the graphic is that shadowlings age mush slower than the chart shows.  Both Darkling and Festus have yet to change colors during the nearly five decades between TRPG2 and TSoG.  That means that it probably takes more than fifty years for shadowlings to age enough to change colors.  If one ignores the theoretical Orange and Yellow age groups, then we are left Red, Purple, Blue, and Green.  If it takes more than fifty years from Red to Purple, Purple to Blue, and Blue to Green, than that means that shadowlings' life spans are at least 150 years long.

SmartyPants

If one includes the theoretical Orange and Yellow age groups, then the shortest, full life span of shadowlings is 250 years, because neither Festus and Darkling change colors after the five decades between TRPG2 and TSoG.

ArtDrake

Yes, yes. You made a .gif -- but pick one board for it, and stick to it.