General > General Discussion

Ask the developer a question!

<< < (24/345) > >>

algebra15:
Before this conversation gets too far astray (and it may have already), thanks a million.

CraigStern:
No problem. :)

--- Quote from: Zhampir on May 14, 2010, 11:32:00 PM ---How many hours (on average) per day/week/weekend/etc do you spend on TSoG?
--- End quote ---

Honestly? I'm not sure. I typically work on TSoG for a couple of hours before I leave for work. I oftentimes write dialog or think up ideas while I'm riding the train to or from work. Then I usually spend between one hour and six hours working on it after I get home, depending on the circumstances.

Xemadus Echina:
you ride a train to work? a real train  or a subway? or a trolly?

is KZ ever gonna come back?

will the telepath testing crew ever have a real home? (not just the thread i started it in)

algebra15:
I was making some code for the game I asked you about before, and I opted to make it a bit differently. The code makes 5 platforms once. Problem is, "thyPlatform"'s properties and methods seem to go away when the variable is assigned to a different platform; this means only one works, and causes the jumper to bounce. I also have some code for the class "Platform", but the hitTest seems not to work as simply as it does in the frame code.

--- Code: ---_root.makePlatform = function(){
if (_root.make != true){
for (x = 0; x < 5; x += 1){
newPlatformNumber += 1;
_root.attachMovie("platform", "platform" + newPlatformNumber, 50+newPlatformNumber);
thyPlatform = eval("platform" + newPlatformNumber);
thyPlatform.onEnterFrame = function(){
thyPlatform.checkJumper();
}

thyPlatform.checkJumper = function(){
if (thyPlatform.hitTest(jumper._x, jumper._y, true) && (jumper.dy > 0)){
_root.boing = true;
trace(_root.boing);
}
}
_root.make = true;
}
}
}
--- End code ---
Class:

--- Code: ---class Platform extends MovieClip {
function Platform(){
_x = Math.random()*Stage.width;
_y = 400;
}
function checkJumper(){
if (
}
}
--- End code ---

algebra15:
sorry for double post, but I forgot to add the question. Is there a better way to do this with the structure I've got, or to I have to rip it out and start again with coding for the class?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version