News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ask the developer a question!

Started by CraigStern, February 07, 2010, 11:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Is the class guide for Telepath Tactics a complete guide, or will you perhaps be taking new ideas and implementing them during development?

ALSO,

Shouldn't this thread be taken down for spam?

Ertxiem

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Quote from: Duskling on April 16, 2012, 06:46:12 PM
Is the class guide for Telepath Tactics a complete guide, or will you perhaps be taking new ideas and implementing them during development?

Those are all of the classes that will be in the game, but their attributes are still subject to change based on the results of playtesting. Feel free to make suggestions if you have a cool idea. :)

SmartyPants

I was looking at the "The Telepath Tactics Bestiary", and I wondering if "Dark Spriggats" will now be called "Black Spriggats".

Duskling

How difficult was it to implement the multiplayer function in TT (Based on multiple skill levels- Beginner Programmer, Intermediate/Experienced Programmer, and Veteran Programmer)?

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on April 17, 2012, 02:32:38 PM
I was looking at the "The Telepath Tactics Bestiary", and I wondering if "Dark Spriggats" will now be called "Black Spriggats".

Ah. You know, it's funny--I used to run D&D campaigns that had spriggats (I created them long before TRPG, way back in junior high), and I had different names for them back then. They all had pure color names. Sometimes I forget that I chose to call white spriggats "frost spriggats" and black spriggats "dark spriggats" in TRPG2.

Quote from: Duskling on April 17, 2012, 05:53:31 PM
How difficult was it to implement the multiplayer function in TT (Based on multiple skill levels- Beginner Programmer, Intermediate/Experienced Programmer, and Veteran Programmer)?

Multiplayer is extremely challenging, much moreso than normal programming. I'm not done yet, but I can already see that I'm going to have headaches.

Duskling

Why are we using generic smileys all of the sudden?

TheWanderingShadow

What do you think of Skullgirls? Though now that I think about it, you probably aren't too big a fan of fighting games, are you?
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

CraigStern

Never played it. I do like fighting games, actually, but I haven't really gotten into one since Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Quote from: Duskling on April 19, 2012, 08:46:09 PM
Why are we using generic smileys all of the sudden?

Oh--that must be because of the forum update I did yesterday. I'll see if I can fix that.

CraigStern

SmartyPants

Why do we not see many spriggats in Somnus?  Do spriggats live in a poorer part of Somnus that Duvalier doesn't visit?

Is it possible to get past the blue shadowling who blocks the stairs in western Somnus?

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on April 20, 2012, 07:24:49 PM
Why do we not see many spriggats in Somnus?  Do spriggats live in a poorer part of Somnus that Duvalier doesn't visit?

Essentially, yes.

Quote from: SmartyPants on April 20, 2012, 07:24:49 PM
Is it possible to get past the blue shadowling who blocks the stairs in western Somnus?

No. I was originally planning to do something with him, but ran out of time. I won't say what, though, as it's entirely possible that I might still add it in in a future patch to the game.

bugfartboy

Quote from: Craig
Never played it. I do like fighting games, actually, but I haven't really gotten into one since Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Did you enjoy playing Brawl Mode against computers (if so what level of difficulty, number of competitors, what style of gameplay [stock, timed, etc]) or against friends or others (same details as before less the computer questions)? Or did you enjoy playing the singleplayer campaign (Which I find to be an improvement from Melee)? What was your favorite character to play as in general? Do you expect another Super Smash Bros. game?

Have you played Super Smash Bros. Melee?
[spoiler=If so...]If so, did you like it, did you enjoy the Melee battles, the challenges, or what of a campaign mode it had? What was/is your favorite character? What kind of Melee battles, if any, did you enjoy playing (stock, timed, etc)?[/spoiler]

-Edited for more questions-
(It's a nearly obscene amount at this point. Sorry.)

Duskling

While the subject of the new forum format is not too far away, I'm not sure whether my suspicions are correct, or that I just haven't looked hard enough, but the "Spoiler" button is gone (Not really a question, just something I thought I'd put out there).

Also, a question which I'm not sure was laid to rest or not: Is TT going to be free?

ALSO, I'm curious as to why we won't be getting an Energy Golem in TT?

CraigStern

Quote from: Duskling on April 21, 2012, 11:42:25 PMWhile the subject of the new forum format is not too far away, I'm not sure whether my suspicions are correct, or that I just haven't looked hard enough, but the "Spoiler" button is gone (Not really a question, just something I thought I'd put out there).

I upgraded the forum to a new version because spam bots were starting to get past the old filters. I'll see if there's a new version of the spoiler plug-in that's compatible.

Quote from: Duskling on April 21, 2012, 11:42:25 PMAlso, a question which I'm not sure was laid to rest or not: Is TT going to be free?

Nope. However, I will probably release a limited version for free in browser form.

Quote from: Duskling on April 21, 2012, 11:42:25 PMALSO, I'm curious as to why we won't be getting an Energy Golem in TT?

It would change the game in ways I don't want.