News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Transferring saved games

Started by CraigStern, May 12, 2010, 07:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

Find your saved game files on your hard drive, copy them, and then paste them into the new folder Flash will create when you play the downloadable demo. Here is how you do it, step by step:

Step 1: Find your saved games

Games are all saved as .sol files.

To find your files in Windows, do the following:

• Start a search of your hard drive
  • Turn on the "search hidden files" option (if you have Vista, it will call this "include non-indexed, hidden, and system files")
  • Search for TelepathRPG3*.sol (just like I've written it there) if you want to move saved games for Telepath RPG: Servants of God, PsyArena2_slot01*.sol if you want to move saved games for Telepath Psy Arena 2, or TT_SavedGame*.sol for Telepath Tactics.
  • This will give you the old saved game files that you want to transfer; keep their folder open until we're done with Step 3

Quote from: Ertxiemin Ubuntu (a Linux distribution) the save game is located on:
user home folder/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#SharedObjects/[letters and numbers]/www.sinisterdesign.net/TRPG3.swf
I assume that, since Mac is Unix, the location is similar to the above one.

Step 2: Start a new game and save it

• Run the game on the computer that you want to transfer your saved games to
  • Start a new game and save it. We'll call this the new saved game. (It doesn't matter where or how you save--you're only doing this so Flash will create a folder for saved games on this computer)
  • In Windows, the new saved game will appear in a directory like this: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.example.TSoG.9734F53159B682152B7C442264602A0CEA7C53C9.1\Local Store\#SharedObjects\TSoG.swf or this: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\SinisterDesign.TelepathTactics\Local Store\#SharedObjects\TT.swf

Step 3: Bring over your old saves

• Using the same technique you used in Step 1 above, find the folder containing the new saved game's .sol fileā€“that's the new directory for your game's save files
  • Copy the old saved game files you want to use and paste them into the new folder

Dayn

For some reason I can't seem to find the AppData folder.

CraigStern

Do you have Windows set to Show Hidden Files and Folders? (It's in Control Panel > Folder Options > View)

bugfartboy

Quote from: Dayn on February 15, 2012, 05:42:10 PM
For some reason I can't seem to find the AppData folder.
You could open up your search bar/run menu and type %appdata%. It should take you to it.

fortion

is this tutorial works for windows 8? cos its not working for me cant find save game.

CraigStern

I just tried it on a Windows 8 laptop; the searching method works fine. Just open up a folder to C: (or whatever drive you installed the game to) and search for *sol--it should come up. (For my part, I found the autosave file for the Telepath Tactics demo at C:\Users\cstern\AppData\Roaming\SinisterDesign.TelepathTacticsDemo\Local Store\#SharedObjects\TTDemo.swf )

CraigStern

Quote from: WilliamMl on July 16, 2016, 11:15:35 AM
How do I do it?

I even tried reading the source, I can't figure out where the saved games are stored.

Hey William! For which game? (If it's Telepath Tactics, see here.)