News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

The Public Demo

Started by Duskling, May 24, 2010, 10:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duskling

Currently, I cannot download TSoG, but could you, the Creator, make some changes to the Public Demo once you have time? There should be a Full Game, the one we have to pay for, a Downloadable Demo, one we can download, but don't have to pay for, and a Public Demo, with the least features, but still updated every once in a while, to keep us with something to do, or is that not possible?

Dayn

Ertxiem

I believe that, currently, the downloadable demo is more complete. I think that it will be too hard to keep synchronized on two versions at the same time (one playable online and one downloadable).

However, the HamSandwichRPG and Harvester didn't require installation, they could be played straight after download. So, perhaps, it may be possible to add an option in the downloadable TSoG demo to run without installing. On the other hand, TSoG Demo is more complex and it may require extra features. (Furthermore, installing a game that puts links in the start menu links gives a more professional look.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Dorgon 5000

I think the demo should stop being updated soon. Otherwise, I think many people wouldn´t buy it because the demo has nearly all stuff in it.

CraigStern

Quote from: Dorgon 5000 on June 07, 2010, 10:19:56 AMbecause the demo has nearly all stuff in it.

Trust me, it doesn't. I've been holding off on adding a ton of new content to the game lately because I want to get the benefit of everyone's feedback and bug reports on the core game. Once I'm satisfied with that, I'll be developing the remainder of the game offline.

bugfartboy

Aww. I need to convince my parents to let me buy it.

Cypher

Quote from: bugfartboy on August 12, 2010, 12:44:56 AM
In situations like this, I always ask a relative without my parents knowledge to buy it.

Duskling

Quote from: Cypher on August 12, 2010, 12:53:33 PM
Quote from: bugfartboy on August 12, 2010, 12:44:56 AM
In situations like this, I always ask a relative without my parents knowledge to buy it.
Like grandparents or an aunt/uncle? Genius.

bugfartboy

Good idea. The trouble is all the relatives I know live in town. :(

Cypher

I like being appreciated. ;D