News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

beta testing perks

Started by Xemadus Echina, January 12, 2011, 05:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xemadus Echina

As the name implies, I would like to see certain bonuses in the beta to move along storyline movement.  Some ideas would be:
1) add in a special area (or person to talk to) that gives full levels to attacks
2) same as above but for gold
3) a toggle button to instantly win battles.
The purpose of these 3 items are solely to move along beta testing (especially for when files get reset) You could make it so that the game has to be activated for these three things to work or just make it into a cheat (whatever works, works)
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

Duskling

Provided the beta testers don't spoil anything... right? ;)

CraigStern

What do you think all those cheat codes are in the game for? ;)

Xemadus Echina

The key problem is that you still need to put in a substantial amount of time getting attacks leveled up (as well as getting past storyline battles).  I consistently use the 90k cheat these days but with more allies being added, that 90k isn't going nearly as far.  If the cheats were enough then this little thread would not exist ;)
im writing a book!
You never know

SmartyPants

Rainen, you should stop asking for special treatment for being on the forums for a long period of time.  Just play the game and have fun.

Xemadus Echina

Smart you need to stop being confrontational.  In almost every one of your posts that I've seen you're always jabbing at another user.  If you don't like an idea that just state it.  Also, if you would have understood what I posted, I'm not asking for special treatment for being on the forums for a long time.  In fact I didn't even mention how long or short a person was on the forums.  What I said was there should be additional perks for the people who bought the pre-order so that beta testing can move along faster. 
     Now then, since you insisted in making this personal I'll talk about me.  I don't have much free time to play games anymore.  Not only am I still in school but I am also working on my story.  Both of these things are far more important to me then a game.  When I do play games, I like to do something productive, since it's a game this is difficult.  I would like to do some beta testing in tsog but I just have a single file.  Now then, I personally don't feel like making a new file and spending time raising my characters up to higher levels in order to try out new things so I end up just running around and killing guards on my one file.  This isn't very productive so what I end up doing is just quiting tsog and playing something else.
im writing a book!
You never know

SmartyPants

Maybe you should focus on school and wait for the game to be completed before you begin playing instead of asking for special treatment.

Duskling

Alright, why don't you both settle down before this gets out of hand, im2smart4u, could you at least give statements in a fashion that includes less cold logic, otherwise people will get the wrong idea, and think of you as a cold person who thinks less than squat about other people's feelings. And rainen, could you please settle down, you know he wasn't trying to get personal, so just cool down and don't make this situation worse than it is already.

ArtDrake

Xemadus Echina

Duck- The cheats do nothing towards making the game progress faster.  I can make my characters stronger so the game is horribly easy, but I still have to spend time grinding so I can get levels and gold.

Dusk- I never go farther then a post or two into a possible flame war.  It's just not how I act.  I'll make my point, try to make the person understand it, and if I can't get through to the person then it's obvious that they don't have a problem with what I'm saying.  They have a problem with me or my topic or they're just the type of person who likes causing trouble. 

Smart- Consider this the last statement I will ever directly make to you as long as my opinion of you remains the same.  One, I am focusing on getting my life together.  That is why I have a small amount of free time.  Two, I never asked for special treatment.  I asked for a system to be implemented into the beta phase of the game making it easier to gain levels gold and progress for the purpose of testing.  Three, Why do you act the way you do?  What reason could you possibly have for rejecting ideas the way you do in a medium of faceless strangers?  Think about that last one.  It's a rhetorical question.
im writing a book!
You never know

Duskling

I'm pretty sure this thread should just be locked to avert disaster, not many people seem to support the idea anyway, who's with me?

bugfartboy

I second that motion. If he wants to, would Craig do so?

SmartyPants

Quote from: rainen on February 07, 2011, 09:16:11 PMSmart- Consider this the last statement I will ever directly make to you as long as my opinion of you remains the same.  One, I am focusing on getting my life together.  That is why I have a small amount of free time.
I am honestly glad that you trying to get your life together, but I wouldn't make testing a demo into a priority if I had as little free time as you claim.  According to Duskling's characterization of me: Maybe thats just me being overly logical.

Quote from: rainen on February 07, 2011, 09:16:11 PMTwo, I never asked for special treatment.  I asked for a system to be implemented into the beta phase of the game making it easier to gain levels gold and progress for the purpose of testing.  Three, Why do you act the way you do?  What reason could you possibly have for rejecting ideas the way you do in a medium of faceless strangers?  Think about that last one.  It's a rhetorical question.
The reason I reject ideas is because they are bad ideas that I don't like.  For example, you are asking for Craig to stop game development, so he can make changes that would only benifit you (aka special treatment).  It would be a better idea if he continued to work on plot, character, and game development instead of focusing on one impatient person.  Last, Why do you act the way you do?  Are so conceited that you think that the only way someone would reject your ideas is if they personally don't like you?  Think about that last one.  It's a rhetorical question.

Xemadus Echina

dusk and bug are right. this idea's dead.  Locked
im writing a book!
You never know