News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath RPG: Servants of God buglist

Started by KZ, February 03, 2010, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sythion

I'm not sure about the end turn bug, because i only notice it after i try to click end turn, another character or space.
but so far its only happened to my hero.

Also here's the other bug. it happens if i click ?, click on another character then ? again. The little hearts will rotate.
Hunger is the best spice.

CraigStern

All right: I've uploaded a new version with the Feedback and Vengeance bugs fixed. To update your install, download the installer and run it, then hit the Replace button when it appears. It won't touch your saves.

Sythion

End turn bug just happened after i spam clicked feedback to make sure bug wasn't there, wouldn't let me finish turn till i hit ?

I also have vengeance AND feedback I'm not sure if its a bug.

Sythion

I found a bug that snuck its way in from TRPG2:

If you leap (i assume the same for shadowport) and move right after you land, you wont move but you will change direction accordingly and use 1 speed.

EDIT: Mind shock doesn't stun when it deals 0 damage (due to low psy power not immunity) i believe this is a bug.

I think that learning transfer 2 is bugged.

Luca has the following:
13 power
9 defense
Transfer level 1

If it has anything to do with it she already has juxtapose(2).

And if those aren't the required stats, then the wiki (*gasp*) is wrong.

CraigStern

Phew! Thanks for the reports: I'll look into these.

Niektory

Sometimes a square is blocked in combat and I can't walk on it despite it being empty. When I mouse over the square Enemy stats show up, but there's no enemy there. I can't attack the square either. The mouse cursor was over the affected squares when taking the screenshots.
[screen 1]
[screen 2]

jpaulson

1) In randomly generated battles (pretty sure this happened in Bug Hunting and Mechanic Base), sometimes one of my characters and an enemy start in the same square. I was able to move off as normally. Never tried attacking such a square.

2) Sometimes Duvalier got 2 (attacks) in a turn. This happened often against Iblis and at least once in the battles at the end of the game. I think it only happened when Duvalier moved first, but I'm not sure. He would just show up again as a character to move.

3) I was able to loot the chest with 3000 gold near Iblis twice, because I didn't kill Iblis my first time through. I didn't try more than twice.

Just finished a playthrough on Brutal; great game!

CraigStern

ArtDrake

I'm getting Niektory's bug, too, though only with Ravinale Guard [Resisting Arrest] battles in town.

Sorry, I know you're busy with T2, but just thought I'd add that.

ArtDrake

UPDATE: I've seen this bug happen on multiple levels, though seemingly only on ones with Ravinale Guard troops. As the endgame battle sequences are full of these kinds of troops, the game was rendered unplayable at a certain point, owing to the sheer number of "phantom" Guardsmen blocking my units' movement.

This is extremely disappointing.

[It seems to happen when the "?" button or the X key is pressed, giving the health statuses and critical tiles -- the phantoms seem to materialize on old positions of the units their mouseover information reveals them to be copies of. However, the same unit can be phantomed multiple times, if I'm not mistaken; I was once "surrounded" by a single Guardsman.]

Sorry if this is a bug you've actually fixed, and I simply don't have the most recent version of the game...

CraigStern

Oof, sorry. Is it specifically the spear-wielding guardsmen? And is this only after someone has died on that square?

ArtDrake

I can't recall it happening with any troops beyond the spear-wielding ones [Guards and Elites both], and I think it's happened once with D'Kah himself. And I'm fairly sure the unit only has to have been on the square in a past turn, not necessarily died on it. I seem to recall guardsmen in the second battle of the final mission [right after D'Kah] blocking my way to the Energy Golems and the Elite in the corner when I don't believe I'd killed any over there, though maybe I Light Bombed one or two... If I can replicate the bug and take screenshots, I can confirm this.

Sorry, I regret my strong language on the matter. Sometimes I forget you're only human. I came here right after a go at the final mission that was going quite well until I had to quit as a result of this bug, so it was pretty fresh in my recollection. ><

EDIT: Oh!! I've figured it out! It puts the phantoms on the tiles that they could hit with their attacks! For a Guard and Elite in this picture, their stats appear on mouseover of the two tiles in front of them. When I used the Tab key to scroll through all the buttons on the screen [since Flash has that feature, showing the rectangular BoundingBox in yellow], it revealed that the extra tiles were part of the unit itself, or at least part of its button.

So I guess I wasn't surrounded by a single unit, but rather by two units at 90-degree angles from me, and the far part of their attack. The strange thing is that these phantom tiles are impassable. It doesn't seem to happen with the Bowmen -- just the spear-types, and possibly D'Kah. I hope that's enough information to be helpful.

Also, confirmed that it only happens on turns where X is pressed or the ? button is used.

CraigStern

Thanks, that's really helpful! I'm swamped with work at the moment, but I'll try to find a fix for this in the next week or two. (Feel free to nudge me if I forget.) :)

ArtDrake

Just a slight nudge like you said -- no rush, but if you're less swamped than you were before, then it'd be nice for this to get fixed.