News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath-Tactics New Units in TsoG?

Started by Zackirus, June 11, 2011, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Like im2smart4u's topic: Lizard Men, this topic has to do with all the other new units in TT. Which do you like, which do you want in?

[spoiler]Cavalry (scorpion riders)
Lizardmen
Engineers
Mentalists
Photokineticists
Skiakineticists
Golden Spriggats[/spoiler]

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 11, 2011, 08:05:17 PM
Mentalists. No doubt about it.
I utter a confirmatory phrase that accurately portraits my agreement, and thus say that I, in fact, am in a similar opinion with one Bugfartboy.

bugfartboy

Though, really, I would think that Menalists are just Psy's that have focused on moving even greater things than the average Psy. And do so readily.

Ertxiem

I thought that the Mentalist was a TV series. Lol.
Jokes aside, it would be nice to have any of these units in TSoG. The only problem I can imagine is that the lower level battles are already in place. Perhaps we can have a little glimpse of these units in one or two battles in specific areas of the map.
It was also interesting to see some units that were suggested for TSoG, like the Scorpion Riders.
(Suggested here in last November and in the old forums around 2 years ago. the Scorpion Riders idea was raised, right after the Bug Riders idea. Latter, it was suggested to have Bird Riders.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

SmartyPants

Cavalry (scorpion riders)- I don't think we will have Cavalry, because TSoG doesn't have the huge territory TT has for a lance-using cavalry.

Lizardmen- I think they would be a good faction.  Maybe their rival is the Wood-Folk.

Engineers- Seems like a difficult AI to program and there isn't enough destructible obstacles for them to be that effective.

Mentalists, Photokineticists, Skiakineticists- We already have Psys that specialize with Light and Shadow, and I am sure we will have a Mentalists who uses feedback and other mental attacks.

Golden Spriggats-This would be the enemy I look most forward to seeing

bugfartboy

I agree with Smart on his last point.

CraigStern

See, here's the thing. A lot of the cool new units that are going to feature in TT rely on the TT combat engine for their capabilities. Mentalists for instance, would be quite difficult to code into TSoG at this point except as regular psy fighters that have feedback. Cavalry, also, would be difficult to add due to the small size of the maps and their ability to continue moving after an attack. The TSoG engine really isn't designed for that. Lizardmen are a possibility, but I'm going to focus first and foremost on factions that don't require me to create lots of new assets/AI.

Idozen Cair

Perhaps instead of the Mechanics, you could feature the Helenites? We haven't seen them before, and it fits your requirements.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on June 13, 2011, 10:47:16 PMPerhaps instead of the Mechanics, you could feature the Helenites? We haven't seen them before, and it fits your requirements.
What are you talking about?

Idozen Cair

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 15, 2011, 01:04:48 AM
Quote from: Idozen Cair on June 13, 2011, 10:47:16 PMPerhaps instead of the Mechanics, you could feature the Helenites? We haven't seen them before, and it fits your requirements.
Well we would have a mercenary company that is not exactly a unit that's taken off Telepath 2+3, and it fits Craig's requirements.
QuoteSee, here's the thing. A lot of the cool new units that are going to feature in TT rely on the TT combat engine for their capabilities. Mentalists for instance, would be quite difficult to code into TSoG at this point except as regular psy fighters that have feedback. Cavalry, also, would be difficult to add due to the small size of the maps and their ability to continue moving after an attack. The TSoG engine really isn't designed for that. Lizardmen are a possibility, but I'm going to focus first and foremost on factions that don't require me to create lots of new assets/AI.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on June 15, 2011, 03:10:28 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 15, 2011, 01:04:48 AM
Well we would have a mercenary company that is not exactly a unit that's taken off Telepath 2+3, and it fits Craig's requirements.
QuoteSee, here's the thing. A lot of the cool new units that are going to feature in TT rely on the TT combat engine for their capabilities. Mentalists for instance, would be quite difficult to code into TSoG at this point except as regular psy fighters that have feedback. Cavalry, also, would be difficult to add due to the small size of the maps and their ability to continue moving after an attack. The TSoG engine really isn't designed for that. Lizardmen are a possibility, but I'm going to focus first and foremost on factions that don't require me to create lots of new assets/AI.
What are talking about?  There was never any mention of a mercenary company.  Requirements for what?  What are you suggesting the Helenites for?

Idozen Cair

Darn it just read the whole page again, Smart. This thread also functions as a place for suggesting new units in TT, and Craig said that
I'm just saying that he could add the Helenites as a faction as they wouldn't be exactly ripped off TRPG2+3, and it wouldn't require him (probably) to create lots of new assests/AI. Get it now?
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on June 16, 2011, 02:03:05 AMDarn it just read the whole page again, Smart. This thread also functions as a place for suggesting new units in TT
You are the one who needs to reread the page.  This topic is called "Telepath-Tactics New Units in TsoG?", because the topic is met to see what the new TT units people want in TSoG.  This is not the place to suggest new TT units.  If you want to suggest new TT units, then make suggestions a different topic.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Zackirus on June 11, 2011, 07:50:55 PM
Like im2smart4u's topic: Lizard Men, this topic has to do with all the other new units in TT. Which do you like, which do you want in?

[spoiler]Cavalry (scorpion riders)
Lizardmen
Engineers
Mentalists
Photokineticists
Skiakineticists
Golden Spriggats[/spoiler]

I doesn't care, do I?