News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presentiment

Elves?
Elves?
Elves?

No. Probably the least original idea ever thought of. Tolkien made elves. Now let's let him have his elves.

And we can have something elves.

Zhampir

I'm sorry but Telepath has a history of creating races that are quite unique. Elves... simply don't cut it, the closest elfish thing I would ever support in Telepath are the Gelf

Presentiment

Having a tall beautiful archer-nature race is...
elf

...even if you call it an asdf

Zhampir

I also don't like the idea of having one character (that is not the hero) that can be adept in many skills. That seriously limits strategy.

Presentiment

How about this:

Mechanic Rifleman:

Though production, limited resources, and the complex design of Cera Bella firearms had confined gun-making to an art confined to small workshops, crossbows and psy being superior in every way, the first riflemen have completed their training and are now being tried in the field. The Mechanics have surely outdone themselves with their versatile gun.

Health: 28
PsP: 25 (if Craig decides to have AI's have limited PsP)
Speed: 3
Attacks:
Melee--Str\1.5+1+Lvl Range 1
Snipe--5PsP, Str+0.5PA+3+1.5lvl Range 2
Suppressive Fire--7PsP, 0.75Str+3+0.8Lvl, Subtracts speed of rifleman by 2 for the next 2 turns, subtracts 3 speed off targets for two turns. Range 1-3
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None

Made that up on the spot and its more original than elves.

Zackirus

How About This Idea Then:

Mechanic Blimp:

After a seris of tests and many failures, The Mechanics have created a blimp. This Blimp can fly because it is made from light materials and filled with a highly flammible air found in the deeper downs. These blimps carry minerals that have been compressed together in the Deeper Downs, what when are dropped create an explosion. These Blimp can carry people and burn extra gas in the blimp to move farther.

Health: 40
PsP: 20
Speed: 2 (Flying)
Attacks:
Bomb Bombardment: Cost 5 PsP, Range 3 (Backwards), Damage [Psy Power+( Level X 2)]
Suicide Bomber: Cost 10 PsP, Range Omidirectional + Self, Damage [Psy Power+7+Level] (Note: When Move Is Done, Blimp is Destoryed)
Gas Burner: Cost 5 PsP, Range Self, Increases movement by 2
Carry: 5 PsP, Range 1, Picks up Unit and drops it off at end of Blimp's Movement
Resistance: None
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

I'm not sure the "moving characters with a blimp" thing is good, but the idea of the mechanics having a flying support is  a great idea..

hellboy222

yeah I agree the flying support sounds good. as for the sniper I think if youe get rid of the melee and lower his health a bit then it would be a bit better design wise, or increase the range but make it so he cant attack when they get within 3-4 squares and make him an extreme long range but useless up front what does everyone else think?

Zackirus

I Think that we have the verge of two new units here. Thr sniper does need to lower its Health a lot. I say around 20 Health and no meele. Instead we add a shot that goes 4 spaces.

Mechanic Rifleman:

Though production, limited resources, and the complex design of Cera Bella firearms had confined gun-making to an art confined to small workshops, crossbows and psy being superior in every way, the first riflemen have completed their training and are now being tried in the field. The Mechanics have surely outdone themselves with their versatile gun.

Health: 22
PsP: 20 (if Craig decides to have AI's have limited PsP)
Speed: 3
Attacks:
Snipe--5 PsP, Str+0.5PA+3+1.5lvl Range 2
Snipe 2-- 7 PsP, Str+ 0.5PA+2+ 1lvl Range 4
Suppressive Fire--10 PsP, 0.75Str+3+0.8Lvl, Subtracts speed of rifleman by 2 for the next 2 turns, subtracts 3 speed off targets for two turns. Range 2-4
Resistance: Light
Immunity: None
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

Here what with the Blimp. I think that the blimp has a bit too much Health and it needs thave around 35. The blimp should also get rid of Carry as it can barely hold the minerals. The new bimp stats are:

Mechanic Blimp:

After a seris of tests and many failures, The Mechanics have created a blimp. This Blimp can fly because it is made from light materials and filled with a highly flammible air found in the deeper downs. These blimps carry minerals that have been compressed together in the Deeper Downs, what when are dropped create an explosion. These Blimp cannot carry more than one person and can burn extra gas in the blimp to move farther.

Health: 35
PsP: 20
Speed: 2 (Flying)
Attacks:
Bomb Bombardment: Cost 5 PsP, Range 3 (Backwards), Damage [Psy Power+2( Level X 2)]
Suicide Bomber: Cost 10 PsP, Range Omidirectional + Self, Damage [Psy Power+7+Level] (Note: When Move Is Done, Blimp is Destoryed)
Gas Burner: Cost 5 PsP, Range Self, Increases movement by 2
Resistance: None

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

I have the drawing of the sniper done. Sorry about the qualilty though, my paint failed me again.

- Lord Canada

hellboy222

Better sniper I think also like the added addition to suppression fire. For the blimp increase the speed say to 5 or 7 and lower the health to 30 and maybe have it so only ranged attacks can damage it or does extra damage.

SmartyPants

Guns and Bombs don't fit in the Cera Bella world, so enemies that use guns or bombs should not be put in the game.

hellboy222

Okay so the sniper uses a bow or crossbow then what about .

name:ballista
health:20
range:whole map:
damage:10
drawback:can only be fired every other round

What do you guys think?

Zhampir

a ballista is a siege weapon... not really meant for the close quarter battles we experience... so my vote is "no, but thank you for the thought"