News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

What does KZ mean?

Started by Frosty, March 13, 2010, 08:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ertxiem

You're all wrong. I found the Truth and it's so obvious that I can't understand why I didn't find it earlier.
KZ's name comes from Koumbi Saleh and Zarma people.
Obvious, isn't it? I don't even need to explain it. It's crystal clear.

Well, I'll explain it, because we might have some new forum members that may have missed some facts, but even by discarding most of the facts, it should be quite easy to figure out KZ's meaning.

Facts:
1. Nobody in the forums tells the truth about their identity in order to be protected from identity theft. However, some clues may be gathered because after a while, people get relaxed and unintentionally disclosure bits of their personal life.
2. KZ said that he is a Russian living in the UK. This is evidently false. Who could really believe in that!
3. If further facts were needed to prove that KZ isn't from Russia, notice that in TRPG, KZ names himself Kolko, a name of central European origin (more common from Hungary) that shows up in the USA (and not on the UK). This is inconsistent with 2. Hence, both assumptions are false.
4. In the forum game World Domination 3! KZ placed in 1st place Ghana for no apparent reason. Notice that he didn't sorted alphabetically the country names. He placed Ghana in the 1st place. He didn't do it in the previous games because he was protecting his identity, but this time he slipped. Hence, KZ is from Ghana, which has English as its official language.
5. In order to obscure his origins, KZ chose to mention that he's living in some other country. Since we could be able to figure out his time zone by the time of day that he usually posts, he chose to say that he lives on the UK because it's on the same time zone than Ghana.
6. KZ is Zarma. Zarma are people that live in different places in the area of influence of the (ancient) Ghana empire, in particular in northern parts of the (current) Ghana Republic. So, that's where the Z comes from.
7. The capital of the (ancient) Ghana empire was Koumbi Saleh. In homage to that, KZ choose its first letter.
8. Koumbi Saleh is to the north of where Ghana currently is, but not far away from where KZ is from.
9. The Ghanaian culture gives great importance to textiles. The red and blue are often used, in conjunction with other colours. Hence, KZ chose an avatar with the letters KZ in those colours.

Hence, "KZ" clearly identifies where he is from and his cultural references. His name is hidden from us because he was careful enough in that aspect.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

Tastidian

Quote from: Ertxiem on July 18, 2010, 05:16:54 AM
You're all wrong. I found the Truth and it's so obvious that I can't understand why I didn't find it earlier.
KZ's name comes from Koumbi Saleh and Zarma people.
Obvious, isn't it? I don't even need to explain it. It's crystal clear.

Well, I'll explain it, because we might have some new forum members that may have missed some facts, but even by discarding most of the facts, it should be quite easy to figure out KZ's meaning.

Facts:
1. Nobody in the forums tells the truth about their identity in order to be protected from identity theft. However, some clues may be gathered because after a while, people get relaxed and unintentionally disclosure bits of their personal life.
2. KZ said that he is a Russian living in the UK. This is evidently false. Who could really believe in that!
3. If further facts were needed to prove that KZ isn't from Russia, notice that in TRPG, KZ names himself Kolko, a name of central European origin (more common from Hungary) that shows up in the USA (and not on the UK). This is inconsistent with 2. Hence, both assumptions are false.
4. In the forum game World Domination 3! KZ placed in 1st place Ghana for no apparent reason. Notice that he didn't sorted alphabetically the country names. He placed Ghana in the 1st place. He didn't do it in the previous games because he was protecting his identity, but this time he slipped. Hence, KZ is from Ghana, which has English as its official language.
5. In order to obscure his origins, KZ chose to mention that he's living in some other country. Since we could be able to figure out his time zone by the time of day that he usually posts, he chose to say that he lives on the UK because it's on the same time zone than Ghana.
6. KZ is Zarma. Zarma are people that live in different places in the area of influence of the (ancient) Ghana empire, in particular in northern parts of the (current) Ghana Republic. So, that's where the Z comes from.
7. The capital of the (ancient) Ghana empire was Koumbi Saleh. In homage to that, KZ choose its first letter.
8. Koumbi Saleh is to the north of where Ghana currently is, but not far away from where KZ is from.
9. The Ghanaian culture gives great importance to textiles. The red and blue are often used, in conjunction with other colours. Hence, KZ chose an avatar with the letters KZ in those colours.

Hence, "KZ" clearly identifies where he is from and his cultural references. His name is hidden from us because he was careful enough in that aspect.

This one is the most well supported post yet.

Nameless

Maybe it's just me but dont you think thats a little over the top, I mean seriously, if you stand back and look at that post dont you realize how outlandish that is? Theres a chance you might be right, but at the same time you out in that much effort to find out what somebody's acc. name stands for. It's most likely the initials to his name or something simple. But like I said... Maybe it's just me.  ;)

Ertxiem

Most of the posts in this thread (in particular my own posts) are jokes. In my opinion, that's the whole point of this thread: to have a laugh. ;)
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Tastidian

I guess so but I do want to know what it means.

Duskling

I'll second that, along with... probably everyone else.

Xemadus Echina

he's already said what it really means and I'm the only one that figured out the true meaning :P
im writing a book!
http://sinisterdesign.net/forum/index.php?topic=236.0;topicseen
heres a free verse poem I wrote for school
You never know
Just what you will find after you
Lost your favorite thing. But
The important thing is that the
Game you play will help you to get by.

KZ

Quote from: rainen on July 21, 2010, 10:37:28 PM
he's already said what it really means and I'm the only one that figured out the true meaning :P
Quite a few people could, before. But in any case, I already gave an answer, rainen, so 'tis not an exclusive knowledge ;)

Ert... no words for that- impressive! How did you KNOW? :D

A couple of points to note:
Folks speak "proper" British English not just in UK, they can be taught it in other countries... in Ghana, for instance :)
Kolko is Hungarian??? O-O! So much for randomly typing in letters on the keyboard...

In any case, keep going folks!! And I totally agree with Ert, this is just for a good laugh with a bit of thought put into it!
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Tastidian

Quote from: KZ on July 22, 2010, 07:26:47 AM
Quote from: rainen on July 21, 2010, 10:37:28 PM
Quite a few people could, before. But in any case, I already gave an answer, rainen, so 'tis not an exclusive knowledge ;)

Ert... no words for that- impressive! How did you KNOW? :D

A couple of points to note:
Folks speak "proper" British English not just in UK, they can be taught it in other countries... in Ghana, for instance :)
Kolko is Hungarian??? O-O! So much for randomly typing in letters on the keyboard...

In any case, keep going folks!! And I totally agree with Ert, this is just for a good laugh with a bit of thought put into it!

I don't think we can go any further we are maxed out.
[spoiler]By we I mean me[spoiler]Yes i'm speaking for myself.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

KZ

Ert and some others seems to have still quite a few ideas up their sleeve ;)

In any case, PinkPanzer, thanks for all the input that you had to try and figure out the quite mysterious meaning of "KZ"...
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Ertxiem

We could also try to discuss KZ's old avatar, his new avatar and the "true" reason for changing!
Ert, the Dead Cow.

Duskling

Well, there is only a "Z" that looks like "Z" in the English language, but that "K" that he used is a Russian "К." I don't know where I'm going with this... at all, actually, but this may point some of you detectives (Ert ;)) to something, I guess.

KZ

You're onto something there, Ert! Do I see a new amazing theory coming up?
And Duskling - you're onto something there as well! Though I have to point out that 'twas not I who created the new avatar- a good friend of mine kindly did the honours.
Welcome to the forums!

Kindle

Compared to all of these, my theory is pretty lame. I thought it meant Killer Zombie.

Tastidian

Quote from: KZ on July 25, 2010, 10:24:54 AM
You're onto something there, Ert! Do I see a new amazing theory coming up?
And Duskling - you're onto something there as well! Though I have to point out that 'twas not I who created the new avatar- a good friend of mine kindly did the honours.

My my someone overlooked something.
[spoiler]ME! I pretty much suggest all of those already.[/spoiler]