News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Shadow War

Started by cyso, March 07, 2010, 02:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyso

I'm assuming that when Baz says the Nameless One is a veteran of the shadow war he means the Nameless One fought in the war between spriggats and shadowlings. Is it actually stated in the game what the shadow war was? After all, someone who hasn't played the first and second games might not know what Baz is referring to.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

SmartyPants

The Shadow War doesn't have anything to do with the events of TSoG.  If someone doesn't play the first two games, then it isn't a big deal.  It is like the fourth star, when Luke mentions the clone wars.

KZ

That's a good question, yogc- I think there are clear hints at what the war was, such as the Somnus description, but I can't seem to recollect it being clearly stated. Yet all is indicative that the Shadow wars were the ones taking place during TRPG2.
As for the angle that im2smart4u brings in, that's also true- TSoG is meant to be quite stand-alone, with no need for prior knowledge of the Telepath Universe.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

hellboy222

Yeah and if you happened to play trpg1+2 then you notice things from the 2 one that you probably wouldn't otherwise.

cyso

Still, when I played TRPG 2 (I hadn't played the first one), I was very confused when Noctus was mentioned.

hellboy222

yeah he was the final bad guy in trpg1, totally forgot about him when is he mentioned in trpg1?

Presentiment

hellboy222

sorry meant when is he mentioned in trpg2?

torugo

when you first talk to helion and you think in your mind that he has aa bone mask simalir to noctus
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zackirus

Noctus has a bone mask with no ridges on it while comapred to Hellion's that has ridges. I think it was just detail improvements or it could be that Noctus was only a commander
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

I thought that it was just detail improvements--as far as we can tell Shadowling Guardians are just soldiers, whereas Noctus had command of troops.

KZ

It's most likely detail improvements, but like all such things, it has caused a large debate elsewhere on the forums.
Staying on topic: what we don't know is what other wars are encapsulated by the term. It's quite possible that they refer to a series of wars involving Shadowlings, with the last one taking place during the events of TRPG2. I wonder also what drove the Shadowlings above ground so suddenly- sense for millenia they stayed below ground?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

Maybe there could be a history book in Somnus that explains the shadow wars.
I know this should go in the Somnus wish list section, but it also fits here.

KZ

That's true. You can always add this suggestion to the Somnus wishlist.

I am sure all would agree that there is no doubt that at least the ending part of the Shadow War was happening during events which took place during TRPG2.
Welcome to the forums!

torugo

how about puting that book in festus library
mock the pheonix you will burn