News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KZ

Is that your way of saying, im2msart4u, that you'd like further discussion on the Glider?

W.r.t. the Golem idea, I am sure that internal mechanics may be constructed in such a way as to make the forward acceleration of the bolt/arrow very fast, such that it will easily penetrate several people at once. Energy Golems will hit anything on the battlefield- very few units can get away from them. Hence, I don't really see as "I can hit it, but it can't hit back" as a requirement for a unit to be a golem. On the other hand, I don't mind whether the range is 1-2 or 1-3: as long as it's a ranged golem, the idea remains intact.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

The triangular arrow heads were armor piercing. They could go through armor from a longbow without too much difficulty, and a crossbow is more powerful.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

KZ

Ok, a completely new enemy here, arising from the Juxtapose thread. Why not have a boss, which is an exceptionally powerful spirit which can combine soul suck and juxtapose into one, such that it will be able to inhabit a body of a teammate when the said teammate is within few points of death (say, below 5)? This will force the player to kill a teammate in a worst-case scenario. The AI for the teammate inhabited body would be to simply use most basic attacks, or search for area attacks. The player will lose if the boss inhabits the Hero, naturally. Thoughts?

Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I think there is already a ghost boss proposed, maybe it could have that attack.

Zhampir

That would certainly be quite a twist, absolutely evil. I like it  :-*
but would the ghost inhabited teammate retain its former hp or have it's old hp? and would the body that the ghost had then be controlled by the ally?

KZ

yogc: I honestly don't remember any ghost boss propositions in main threads for the last one-and-a-half years!

Zhampir: that would be the trick, to get the ghost's hp (otherwise it will be easily killed on the next turn), and the ghost's old body will be in the teammates body, so instead of two units there will be just one.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

hmm... I wonder how we could program the AI to know when exactly it would be a good idea to perform such a trick... or perhaps the skill could be transferred to the new host?

KZ

The easiest solution would be to use the same attacks the spirit knows (after all, why should the body retain knowledge of skills learned by the previous soul?), so the whole concept is simplified. It also makes the boss very difficult to kill indeed. How about this be a crypt 4 boss? Name: Greatest Ghost. Seems pretty fitting to me. In addendum to all the standard Greater Ghost attacks it could also have the 4th attack, which allows him to invade the body (something along the lines of "Soul Expulsion"?). The only thing retain from the original host will be the body, but repaired and replensihed to full hp by the spirit.
Welcome to the forums!

Zhampir

How about in the 4th crypt we find a lone blue-caped psy named Z with his partner in crime, the famous kleptomaniac zebra, KZ?
Z is a fast moving psy assassin that runs headlong into a batch of enemies hitting them hard with cryo cross (one of the very few moves he has because he's too hardheaded to use anything else) while KZ stops all the other enemies using his powerful telepathic persuasion to eliminate hostilities (i.e. he paralyzes them)
Also including a character named Laurie that "paints" images of teammates on the screen distracting enemies?

KZ

Now where did that jsut come from O-o! :P
Speaking of comcic reliefs, this is as random as it gets!

And why not? :P Maybe Craig will have a taste for some tension relief in mission 4!

Anyhow, methinks the greatest ghost idea is not too unoriginal to ponder about.
Welcome to the forums!

SmartyPants

Quote from: KZ on March 15, 2010, 03:56:27 PM
Is that your way of saying, im2msart4u, that you'd like further discussion on the Glider?
Isn't that obvious. I think the counter-attack should be removed, because the pioleting the glider would make it too difficult to counter-attack.
I think the attack should be changed to a regular Crossbow, because the glider would be unable to fly with a ballista.  Only a ballista would be able to use an attack like Piercing Crosbow.

Improved Gliding Archer
Health: 25
Speed: 3
Attack: Crossbow (Range 2, Attack: 14)
Resistance: Light

KZ

Obvious it may be, but I did ask specifically to differentiate between simple rants and an actial desire to reconsider the submitted idea. That could've easily been classifies as a little rant. Hence the question.

Your logic is sound and I do agree with what you say. What do the rest of you folks think? If you all agree, then I shall make amends to the unit in formulated ideas. I think the fact that it is a flying unit is already good enough, so having a piercing crossbow may not be a must-have.
Welcome to the forums!

Zackirus

It is possible for a crossbow to go through somebody if fired at point blank range, plus the triangular shape of a head of the bolt add to the penetration of the bolt. It is also possible for a crossow to hold more than one bolt at a time.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

KZ

Zackirus, unless I am much mistaken, this is the 4th time you're rephrasing what you've said before?
I think what you're saying is possible, but given that the glider will be hitting targets from above, it can hardly be considerd as point-blank range. But then again, it all depends on the strength of the launching mechniasm used. If the Mechanics are ingenious enough, maybe they can make their weapon powerful enough to penetrate through two enemies,not one.
Welcome to the forums!

cyso

Somewhere on page three, a ghost boss called a Zeitgiset was suggested. Just an alternative name instead of Greatest Ghost.