News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Read a Golem's Mind

Started by SmartyPants, July 23, 2010, 09:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to read a golem's mind?

Definitely
4 (28.6%)
Yes
5 (35.7%)
Maybe
3 (21.4%)
No
1 (7.1%)
Hell No
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SmartyPants

In a Marid side quest, Duvalier reads a desert scorpion's mind.  He descriped how the animal's mind is different then a persons.  I thought that was pretty cool, so I am hoping that Duvalier will read a Golem's mind.  I want to see how Craig would interpert how a Golem's mind would work.  Maybe we could read the mind of the Stone Golem in the labor site.

Dorgon 5000

I donĀ“t know. Both people and animals have souls, while golems are just machines. On the other hand, golems can be damaged with mental attacks, and Flint seems to have some kind of feelings, so maybe.

KZ

If Helena dies in TRPG2, the epilogue states that Flint exhibited certain emotions and it was inferred that he might have a soul or a mind much more complex than was previously thought. I agree with the idea, it certainly would be something different and intriguing - it has quite a lot of potential and would add more depth to the understanding of the Telepath universe and the creatures within.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

SmartyPants

[spoiler=TRPG2 ending]No one had ever seen a golem show grief before Helena died. Flint was the first. He wandered around aimlessly for three days, letting out a deep rumbling-rock moans and staring into the distance. On the fourth day, he simply disappeared. No one has seen him since.[/spoiler]To say a Golem can't have a soul is to say R2-D2 doesn't have a soul.  Even if you don't think a Golem has a soul, then you at least agree that they have minds.

TheWanderingShadow

Hmmmm... it would be quite interesting to learn that Golems have complex thoughts and minds despite their simple exteriors, especially Stone Golems :-\. But Energy golems (like Dorgon) seem to be very robotic, so I'm not sure whether they feel emotions or not. Then again, one definition of golem is a figure artificially constructed in the form of a human being and endowed with life, soooo... Yeah. I should probably stop arguing with myself. ???
_   _   _   ___     ___     _   _    ___   |  |
\ \/  \/ / '| _  \  / / \ \  |  \| |  / /  _  |_|
\_/\_ /   |_|\'\  \ \ / /  |_\_ |  \ \_./   O

bugfartboy

I would like to see it. Though I've often wondered: does someone with the ability to read minds literally hear their thoughts or can they just feel and interpret the electonic pulses in the mind into certain thoughts?

SmartyPants

Quote from: TheWanderingShadow on October 20, 2010, 08:36:32 PM
But Energy golems (like Dorgon) seem to be very robotic, so I'm not sure whether they feel emotions or not.
If the Terminator can gain emotions, then I am sure it is possible for an Energy golem to do the same.

Quote from: Bugfartboy on October 20, 2010, 08:39:25 PM
I would like to see it. Though I've often wondered: does someone with the ability to read minds literally hear their thoughts or can they just feel and interpret the electonic pulses in the mind into certain thoughts?
After reading Tiki's mind, I think it is the electronic pulses.  Then again, don't you already read your own electronic pulses as thoughts?

The Holy namelesskitty

I think that stone golems would have more complex and humanlike thoughts, whereas energy golems thoughts would all be linear and command based but thoughts nevertheless.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

SmartyPants

Quote from: CraigStern on October 23, 2010, 11:10:38 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 21, 2010, 12:12:05 AM
Is it possible to read a golem's mind?
In a manner of speaking. A golem's works differently from that of a regular biological organism, but with the right knowledge of how it functions, it can be read.
We now know that it can be done.  Now we can hope that it will be done.

The Holy namelesskitty

Hell no voter, please post why you voted against the idea.
THE CAT IS BACK!!!!!!1!!!

my telepath LP :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuA3DfguEic

Steelfist

You know, I think we'd have to know more about how golems are created to know if they had minds; stone golems apparently have emotions, but do bronze golems? We can't know.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Steelfist on December 05, 2010, 09:26:37 AMYou know, I think we'd have to know more about how golems are created to know if they had minds; stone golems apparently have emotions, but do bronze golems? We can't know.
Craig already confirmed that golems could have thier thoughts read (with the right know-how), so I think that means that golems have minds.

Zackirus

It is also confirmed in the game. If you click on the Stone Golem in the Labour Area you will be given a opportunity to read its mind. However it is alien and complex, yet rigid and rudimentary. Interesting...  
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada