News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Canada (with rules)

Started by Zhampir, March 16, 2010, 01:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhampir

This topic is for people who have questions about Canada. Arising from this thread, this new, revised post, through the profound love of Canada several members share, has made an appearance. Of course the, self-proclaimed Lord of Canada, Zackirus, will likely answer most of the questions you have.

The rules for posting here (that I thought weren't needed, but instances have come up that I think require them) are as follows (and will be updated upon discretion, it will be your responsibility to reread these rules if there is any change, ignorance is not an excuse):
1. No harassing, dissing, or other wise rudeness towards Canada, Canadians, other posters, or anything Canada related allowed.
2. This topic is for Canada about Canada, if you wish to post something that does not pertain to Canada, do not post here.
3. Multiple posting is discouraged.
4. Spamming is NOT allowed. There is a difference between Multiple posting and Spamming, spamming is the repetition of a post over and over again. If someone has asked a question do not ask the same question until ample time has been given for the question to be answered.

Punishments for braking these rules will be on a case-by-case policy. Which may change to a zero-tolerance policy. Humor is allowed but none that break rule #1.

Now for my question about Canada; what is the divorce rate in Canada?

Zackirus

I do not know the exact number but I think it is around 51% of married couples do not work out but I could be wrong.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

Hmm, what is Canadian Bacon?
Do Canadians really say "eh" a lot?
If no, where is this most prominent?
What is the mortality rate?
What are the major tourist attractions of Canada?
How is the birth rate doing?
Or the crime rate?
Personally to you, does Canada seem to be a happy place?

I tried to limit myself on asking too many question at once, did it work?  :P
Sorry if it's too much for you, I can honestly say I would only be answer a couple of questions (in regard to America) because I've recently taken several classes about America. As you can see, I am quite interested in Canada (and I'll likely post questions that are more general knowledge of Canada [like the ham or "eh"] for people that don't readily know the answers) ^^

KZ

Personally, I have a liking for Canada, but I have never been there. So, a few questions to start things off:
-apparently, Canada is pretty much a mix of Europe and USA, just to what degree is it true?
-do you actually like the fact that you have parts of poems quoted on your banknotes?
-just how big is hockey in Canada? Does it truly permeate through the entire society to an equal degree?
-is it really true that, as a Michael Moore documentary claimed (and I am rather sceptical of this without verification form locals) that there is a tendency to be relatively sure of security, and thus, in some areas, or towns, people do keep their front doors unlocked?
-which cultural influence is more felt in Canada: the French or the English?
-what of your national cuisine? Which other country does it resemble, if at all?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Zackirus

Quote from: Zhampir on March 16, 2010, 02:17:10 AM
Hmm, what is Canadian Bacon?
Do Canadians really say "eh" a lot?
If no, where is this most prominent?
What is the mortality rate?
What are the major tourist attractions of Canada?
How is the birth rate doing?
Or the crime rate?
Personally to you, does Canada seem to be a happy place?

Quote from: KZ on March 16, 2010, 08:45:25 AM
Personally, I have a liking for Canada, but I have never been there. So, a few questions to start things off:
-apparently, Canada is pretty much a mix of Europe and USA, just to what degree is it true?
-do you actually like the fact that you have parts of poems quoted on your banknotes?
-just how big is hockey in Canada? Does it truly permeate through the entire society to an equal degree?
-is it really true that, as a Michael Moore documentary claimed (and I am rather sceptical of this without verification form locals) that there is a tendency to be relatively sure of security, and thus, in some areas, or towns, people do keep their front doors unlocked?
-which cultural influence is more felt in Canada: the French or the English?
-what of your national cuisine? Which other country does it resemble, if at all?

Quote from: im2smart4u on March 16, 2010, 12:39:59 PM
Why does Canada still listen to the Queen of England?
Canadian bacon comes from the loin in the middle of the back of the pig. It is a very lean, meaty cut of bacon, with less fat compared to other cuts. It has a ham-like texture. Americans and Canadians call it Canadian bacon (go figure)
No Canadians do not say "eh" a lot, WE usually use it in a questions or an agree statement, weather's nice eh. The only people in Canada, who use eh, are farmers and lumberjacks. We do whoever use it to make fun of ourselves from time to time.
We have a mortality rate of around 7-8% of our total population, which is around 34,000,000 people.
For major tourist attractions, we have Niagara Falls which can be found in Ontario, We have the CN Tower which is the tallest tower in the world, located in Toronto. We have the ice hotel, which is located in Québec, we have Whistler and Banff skiing, and we have North Island, one of the only places in Canada with Blue Racer Snakes.
We have birth rate of around 10% of total population.
I do not know the crime rate but compared to the world average there is a lot less.
I really like Canada because there are many different forces that push you to become great in Canada, I also like that we have a stable economy and education system so that we can learn to the best of our abilities. I do not feel threatened at all, even if, compared to American standards we have a small army, because if any touches us, surely America will come to our aid.   
It definitely is a mix of both Europe and America. Whatever America goes through Canada usually goes through with it, it also because of the Americans that we have so calm and quiet. It's like the playground, America is the biggest and coolest kid there, and walking sort of as his wingman is Canada. However, there is a lot of European influence as well. We got your political system mostly of the Europeans and we are mostly of European descent.
Well whatever floats our boat, personally I have never heard this so I could be wrong. It also proves we have good banking when you can write poetry about it and not feel ashamed, because I do not.
Hockey is BIG in Canada. I remember watching the Men's Hockey Championship with my Dad and after Crosby scored that goal Canada jumped and cheered. They showed us shots of all over Canada from the north to Toronto and even Coal Harbor (where Crosby is from). We had to close the downtown streets of Toronto and Vancouver because so many people were cheering. I also remember the front page of the paper the next day. It just showed Crosby scoring his goal and nothing else. In the sports selection it had four simple words. Our Game, Our Gold! So ya, hockey is big in Canada.
If certain parts of Canada yes, Canadians do leave their front doors unlocked, but those are in remote areas that get little to no visitors, and the town knows itself. It goes even to a point where you can talk into anybody house at any time.
The English culture is defiantly more felt. A majority of the provinces speak English compared to French, but you will find that even though French doesn't affect a lot of areas, (the areas it does affect are Manitoba, New Brunswick, and Quebec). If you were to go down town Quebec it would be like you were in Europe rather than Canada, and most people in Manitoba are French so it really affects the type of farming they do, meat (F) compared to grains(E).
Canada is a very diverse culture and there is no national cuisine, the closest thing you could have to having a Canadian breakfast would be some toast (Alberta grain), back bacon and some free range eggs.
WE don't still listen to the queen. We simply give orders to the queen or in time of abstinence the governor general, and she/he gives her royal stamp on it (trust me anything that is to be signed by the queen gets signed). The MPs and Prime minster really do all of the work and they simply give it to the queen and she stamp it.     

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Frosty

What are the immigration laws to move into Canada?
Yeah, I'm a snowman. Got a problem with that?

Zackirus

They are actaully very lienient. You just need to say where you are from nd what you plan to do in Canada, what skills you have, and the skill labourer you give. and you can move in. Although, it doesn't always work like that, just remember that it is very easy to move into Canada

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

^I highly doubt that...

Seriously, stop being lazy and look stuff like this up. You usually don't need someone on an online forum to tell you an explanation for an impersonal thing.

Zackirus

Canada is known to be a humanitarian when it comes to letting people into the country. There are around 250,000 people who immigrated to Canada in 2001 and the number keeps going up, by an account by the Canadian Census, by 2031 over half the population will be foreign born. The pretty sure that shows that there are loose immigration laws.

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

Quote from: Zackirus on March 20, 2010, 02:39:01 PM
You just need to say where you are from nd what you plan to do in Canada, and you can move in.

I doubted this part.

This is probably not the process people go through to get a green card. If someone were to want to immigrate into Canada and thought they could just show up at the customs and do this they would not get in.

Zackirus

You misunderstood, when you immigrat to Canada, the immigration officals grade you on a system of points based on account for age, health and labour-market skills required for cost effectively inducting the immigrants into Canada's white-collar or blue-collar labour market, they also do a background check to see if you have a criminl record, where you come and etc. Oh and in Canada, the don't call them green cards   

- Lord Canada

Presentiment

That's more specific, and that's not what you implied in your comment.

Zackirus

Now Does Anyone have Any Questions About Canada?

- Lord Canada

KZ

What produce/branch drives the Canadian economy? What's the export?
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!