News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Ha, ha and double ha!

Started by Idozen Cair, March 14, 2011, 09:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

That's... rather nonsensical, if you were to ask me. Why should hair length have anything to do with one's ability or right to drive a car?

Ertxiem

- Mum, why is dad bald?
- Because he's very intelligent and he thinks a lot, so the hair falls.
- Mum, why do you have all that hair?
- Shut up and eat your soup!
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Haha. Way to go Ert. Now I can't stop smiling. :D

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Duckling on March 22, 2011, 07:24:40 PM
That's... rather nonsensical, if you were to ask me. Why should hair length have anything to do with one's ability or right to drive a car?
You don't geddit? The boy had long hair and asked to drive the car. The father asked him to cut his hair if he was to drive the car. The boy rebutted by saying that Jesus (his role-model) had long hair too. The father rebutted by saying that Jesus walked everywhere instead of drving. Geddit now?
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

Yes, but what would the father's ulterior motive be in creating a direct correlation between the length of his son's hair and the extent to which he is allowed to drive the car. Yes, Jesus did have long hair. Yes, if long hair means that one cannot drive, then Jesus could not drive; the question is, why the length of hair be a limitation in the first place?

bugfartboy

Ducky, drop it. You obviously don't get it. Now turn the smiley into frowny-> ::)

Duskling

For those of you who are wondering what Ducky said because he used many big and small words alike, here it is, simplified:

"Why did the dad tell his son that he could only drive after cutting his hair?"

Idozen Cair

Because he wanted his son to cut his hair in exchange for driving the car.
I doesn't care, do I?

Duskling

Quote from: Idozen Cair on March 26, 2011, 03:55:56 AM
Because he wanted his son to cut his hair in exchange for driving the car.
No, Ducky wanted to know the reason behind the father wanting this, as the length of your hair does not impair you ability to drive a car, or vehicle of any sort.

Steelfist

It's not very funny, I'm afraid.

I understood that the father had wanted the son to cut his hair anyway, so he'd offered a trade; cut your hair and you can drive the car. I might be wrong, however.

bugfartboy

You got it. Be just didn't get the reference to Jesus. The reference was, Jesus had long hair, but he walked everywhere. He didn't drive. That clear that up a bit?

ArtDrake

NO!

I get the lame joke, but I'm wondering about the reason the father wants the son to cut his hair in the first place. I'm not just dim-witted. Steelfist and Duskling understand what I mean.

bugfartboy

The dad has a thing against long hair?

Ertxiem

Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Which one? And clever clever Ert. Covering your Portugese by using English.