News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Canada (with rules)

Started by Zhampir, March 16, 2010, 01:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on October 29, 2010, 09:00:35 AM
Quote from: im2smart4u on October 28, 2010, 11:05:00 AMDoes Canada call black people "African Canadians" and asians "Asian Canadians"?  I was just wondering if it is a wierd US trait to add someone's race infront of thier nationality.
I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question right away im2smart4u, I had to do something and I only had time to answer Bugfartboy's ( he asked his question first)

I call people not by their skin colour but where they come from (this requires some quessamation on my part) so a black person would either be a Caribbean or African and an Asian either Chinese or Japanese. I know a lot of Canadians have issues with calling people by their skin color.
That makes more sense.  African Canadians and African Americas should just be called Canadians or Americans, because that is the part that is important.

Zackirus

But when I need to describe somone to another person, I can't say to them, their Canadian: because that doesn't really describe them at all. However, if I say somone is *blank* then I can get my point across.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zackirus

Well, I have been thinking about it im2smart4u, and their are many different reasons. First we feel the need to be different from the U.S. It is just who we are. Many European countries think we are the same, who we try to convince them (and ourselves) otherwise.  Also: We don't have a negative view on America, we just poke fun of them (which you do to us). Just look at Family Guy, Steven Colbert, etc. Finally, it was just one thing, it doesn't necessarily count for 100% of the population. I mean, I don`t think America is a bad place.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

Other than hockey, what other parts of Canada make Canada CANADA?

Duskling

Quote from: Bugfartboy on May 15, 2011, 10:48:57 PM
Other than hockey, what other parts of Canada make Canada CANADA?
Other than hockey and maple syrup, that is? I don't mean to sound racist, and I'm sure Buggy doesn't either.

bugfartboy

We covered this in PM:
Quote from: Zackirus on May 15, 2011, 11:03:35 PM
Canadian's are in general, nicer people  :P
Quote from: Zackirus on May 15, 2011, 10:54:36 PM
And hey. Theirs are plenty of things that make Canada Canada. Just look at Tim Horton's or Molson Canadians or Don Cherry...
I edited some of it out because some of it's more personal.

Zackirus

You know there is a lot more to Canada than just Hockey and Maple Syrup. Like... um... Snow. Ya that's right. We have a lot of snow here...

In all honesty. I personally think that Canadians have a lot of things to makes us Canadians. We have our Healthcare System, we have the Bluenose, We are nice to mostly everyone. We have our Curling, Lacrosse, and Rowing. We have our Beaver Tails. We have our Loonie and Twoonie. We have our French.  

- Lord Canada

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 11:30:34 AM
Why are Canadians wierd egg heads in South Park?
Because South Park is meant to poke fun at all races and cultures, among other things.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on June 08, 2011, 05:43:00 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 11:30:34 AMWhy are Canadians wierd egg heads in South Park?
Because South Park is meant to poke fun at all races and cultures, among other things.
But why egg heads?

Can you take back Justin Bieber, because we don't want him?

Why is Canada trying to be America's overlord?

MikeW781

What do the Quebec Canadian fans think of the Stanely Cup series? And how big of a deal is the Cup to most Canadians?
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zackirus

I don't know about the egghead thing on southpark, but its not true!

You gave us Miley Cryus, so Justin Bieber is your punishment.

Let me ask you a better question. Why was America Canada's overlord in the first place? Also: I can't see the clip because I live in Canada!

Well, its a big deal now as the Cup is almost back in our grasp. The Canadians are sad because they didn't make it to the Stanely cup. Calgary fans are sadder because Vancouver is in it.

- Lord Canada

SmartyPants

Quote from: Zackirus on June 11, 2011, 08:00:00 PMLet me ask you a better question. Why was America Canada's overlord in the first place? Also: I can't see the clip because I live in Canada!
I don't know if you kidding about not seeing the clip, but it is a joke clip.  America always talks about how we don't like where are oil money goes to, yet our biggest supplier of oil is Canada.

Zackirus

I couldn't find the clip so I had to improvise.

- Lord Canada