News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Attacks For Enemies

Started by Zhampir, March 16, 2010, 03:17:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugfartboy

Alright, let's play "Improve that Idea!".

1) Who would use this attack? Please don't add to an already existing enemy if at all possible.

2) How would this attack work? For example: to use pyro blast, the user accelerates the particles in the air until they combust and create fire. What would happen to make this attack work and what would the product be?

3) Why is this attack necessary? Is it needed, or do you want it just to have it?

Idozen Cair

Woah. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get used to you challenging me :P. Never mind.

1. How do the skills mess with enemy AI?
2. Mess with skills? Please clarify.
2. Impair: User creates a bolt and hurls at target, impairing the target's mind.
   Freeze: If you can create a 'Cryo Cross', then this would be easy. The user focuses his/her/its mind on dropping the temperature of the target below zero.
    Blind: Well, the user creates a dark mist that temporarily blinds the target, and the user focuses his/her/its mind onto bounding the target.
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

They mess with the already existing program. To include these would require rewriting the program. And you want to give an enemy super powers why? They are too powerful. Freeze is the equivalent of a one hit kill, Blind doesn't make sense, impair is too powerful and would require messing with the games programming and how would you like all of these on a Nelis typed enemy. And you didn't answer question 1 and 2 above you previous post.

SmartyPants

QuoteCrossbowman - a ranged unit with less range than the bowman, but greater health and a bayonet attack for melee defense. Has an explosive bolt for destroying weak battlefield objects and easily detonating explosive charges.
It would be cool to see a Crossbowman with a explosive bolt.

Idozen Cair

Indeed. Perhaps the Mechanics could be equipped with other explosive weapons as well, and I think that the Crossbowman's explosive bolt will go very well with KZ's idea of a landmine.
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Idozen Cair on June 19, 2011, 09:33:16 AMIndeed. Perhaps the Mechanics could be equipped with other explosive weapons as well, and I think that the Crossbowman's explosive bolt will go very well with KZ's idea of a landmine.
KZ's landmind? Are you talking about the Mine that I suggested forever ago?

Idozen Cair

Oh dear I didn't know it was your idea. Sorry Smart! :D
I doesn't care, do I?

SmartyPants

To be clear, I don't care.  I was just curious to know if you were talking about the mine I suggested or if you were talking about another mind that I didn't know about.

I don't see Craig programing an AI for TSoG that has Crossbowmen blowing up mines.  I was just hoping to have an advantage Marksman that shoots exploding bolts (like Call of Duty: Black Ops).

Idozen Cair

I don't mean Crossbowmen blowing up mines. What I meant was if the Exploding Crossbow bolts were implemented into the Mechanics arsenal, I think that the Landmine would partner it very well.
I doesn't care, do I?