News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Final Battle

Started by jb, June 05, 2011, 07:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one is easier to defeat the first time around?

The Shadowling forces and Queen Nelis.
9 (75%)
The Academy forces and Dean Lukas.
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

jb

The Academy or The Shadowling Queen

MikeW781

Quote from: jb on June 05, 2011, 07:48:41 AM

The Academy or The Shadowling Queen
It may depend on how you set up your party, but to me, the Queen is almost always easier
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

bugfartboy

I'd have to say the Shadowling queen.

When you first go against the academy, you get trapped and bombarded (literally) with light bombs, pyro hail, and the like. It's not good for a healthy team.

When against the queen, you get a bit more mobility in the first battle. And some of the other battles are just plain easy if you position right.

ArtDrake

The academy guards tick me off with their... 126 health... lots of damage... *grumble*... better than a white cape....

Personal vendettae aside, I think the queen battle was easier from a team point of view, but much harder from a solo point of view.

MikeW781

Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 11:34:27 AM
I had more difficulty fighting the Queen.
Interesting. How did you set up your party? I found that a more defensive party was best against the Academy, and a more offensive party was best against the Queen.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Ertxiem

I also found easier to beat Nelis (the Queen) than Dean Lukas. And I tend to have a defensive set-up.
The same goes if I try to beat those battles without loosing anyone or solo.

(By the way, I added a poll.)
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

bugfartboy

Yeah. The Queen is easier to beat over the Dean, despite there being twice as many battles to survive.

Dean_Lukas

Quote from: Bugfartboy on June 10, 2011, 10:47:58 AM
Yeah. The Queen is easier to beat over the Dean, despite there being twice as many battles to survive.

If I ever attack the Academy, the enclosed spaces are what kill me. My whole team was wiped out by Light Bombs and I only managed to beat the Dean one-on-one.

(By the way, I'm not biased at all, but I hear he's a pretty awesome dude).
That awkward moment when your student's gone evil and wants to destroy you.

Duskling

Quote from: Dean_Lukas on June 10, 2011, 05:26:02 PM

If I ever attack the Academy, the enclosed spaces are what kill me. My whole team was wiped out by Light Bombs and I only managed to beat the Dean one-on-one.

Ha, ha. I see what you did there... :-[

bugfartboy

Yeah. I was only ever able to win one on one with the dean.

Hahaha.

SmartyPants

Quote from: MikeW781 on June 08, 2011, 02:23:43 PM
Quote from: im2smart4u on June 08, 2011, 11:34:27 AMI had more difficulty fighting the Queen.
Interesting. How did you set up your party? I found that a more defensive party was best against the Academy, and a more offensive party was best against the Queen.
Maybe the reason I had more dificulty fighting the Shadowling Empires, was because I didn't read any spoilers untill I finished the game.  It took some time to figured out that the Queen and Tastidian healed over time, so I didn't press the attack like I should have.  Fighting the Academy was easier, because I knew more of what to expect.

Barzul

Academy was easier for me. I liked the close spaces because if I put everyone in the right place they would be fine. First three were Jack, Helen and Flint so they could destroy the guards. Then Main with pyro blast, Festus (who could heal the entire team back to full health with one big shield) and Shadowboxer with Shadowblast so they could finish off the guards. Then in the back were Darkling, with shadowport so he could backstab the white cape with Light Bomb and Dorgon to finish off the guard in front of Helen and the white cape in one go.

Then the dean battle, the only part that gives me trouble are the fact that the dean is right next to two pyros. But if you split them up its very easy to divide and conquer.

SmartyPants

I agree with Barzul about the usefulness of the close space. The tricky part was to position all the teammates in the correct order, but once you had them in correct order, the team becomes very effective with Big Shields and Area Attacks.

Deagonx

I only managed to beat the Dean one-on-one.

Fight Club anyone?
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?