News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Marijuana

Started by Deagonx, April 20, 2011, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtDrake

The results are inconclusive, not negative. You mustn't misinterpret the lack of data as confirmation of your claim.

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 07, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
WHAT ["]health detriments["!?]

These health detriments:

aggravation of preƫxisting and manifestation of inactive schizophrenia,

causing infertility in men,

damage to unborn babies, not to mention the

confirmed withdrawal symptoms, signifying that the body gains some physical dependency on the drug, and that it impedes the normal functioning of the body.

Deagonx

And what of the more clear, and entirely agreeable health detriments of tobacco and alcohol?

Unless it puts OTHERS at risk, the government shouldnt control what we put in our body.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

Schizophrenics can be dangerous, hurting babies is immoral and illegal, and marijuana use leads to violent crime in efforts to corner the market on marijuana drug by turf battles. In our capital.

The Washington Post on marijuana violence

Tobacco should be outlawed. Alcohol has no long-term effects, and red wine has some good ones.

Deagonx

Now, I see your fun link to weed causing schizophrenia?

Thats nice, but if you took the time to read through the entire thing, they described cannabis as worsening schizophrenia. Not causing it. So, if it were legalized, it would be advised for schizophrenics not to use it. This kind of thing happens quite often with medicine, does it not? "Do not take this drug if you are prior to.... or if you have...."

Causing infertility? It said long term use MAY be a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR.

The third link is fake.

The fourth did not describe it as a physical dependency.

Washington post? That kind of incident is caused by its illegality. We are causing this death.

MikeW781

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 07, 2011, 10:37:23 PM
Quote from: MikeW781 on July 07, 2011, 09:27:52 PM
All you did was supply information supporting that the actual use leading to heavier drugs may or may not be valid.

It is not valid. The only part of the marijuana plant that makes it a "gateway drug" is that it is illegal. Obtaining illegal substances introduces teens to the underground market. Make it legal, this just wont happen.
That's not just because its illegal. You have to realize that no matter what you say, it has negative effects just like smoking cigarettes. I personally think both should be illegal if you ask me, but no matter. People who chose to ingest harmful chemicals like that both crave a high, and don't worry overmuch about their health. This makes them at a risk to take other drugs.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

ArtDrake

Quote from: Game Crazy KidNow, I see your fun link to weed causing schizophrenia?

Thats nice, but if you took the time to read through the entire thing, they described cannabis as worsening schizophrenia. Not causing it. So, if it were legalized, it would be advised for schizophrenics not to use it. This kind of thing happens quite often with medicine, does it not? "Do not take this drug if you are prior to.... or if you have...."

Now I know that you don't read my posts. I always sit through paragraphs of your lame factoids. I go back and do your homework.

QuoteCausing infertility? It said long term use MAY be a CONTRIBUTING FACTOR.

Yeah. When they say "may," it's because they don't have solid evidence, but they see a correlation. You're right; it could be that marijuana users tend to use other drugs that might reduce sperm count. Like some of the hard stuff.

The third isn't fake; the link is broken.

QuoteThe fourth did not describe it as a physical dependency.

Again, do your homework. Read my last three posts; then we'll talk.

QuoteWashington post? That kind of incident is caused by its illegality. We are causing this death.

No, marijuana drug abusers that find themselves unable to stop using marijuana depsite the inherent danger of getting shot whilst buying it are causing this death. Not "us," whoever "we" are. I know that I'm not killing potheads and drug dealers on the street.

Deagonx

Quote from: Duckling′ on July 08, 2011, 11:42:31 AM
No, marijuana drug abusers that find themselves unable to stop using marijuana depsite the inherent danger of getting shot whilst buying it are causing this death. Not "us," whoever "we" are. I know that I'm not killing potheads and drug dealers on the street.

Is illegality is what makes it dangerous. You ARE killing them

ArtDrake

Ummm... whoops. Let's try that again.

Try to use proper grammar, end sentences with full stops, capitalize only when appropriate, don't make up words, separate independent clauses from dependent ones with commas, but independent clauses from each other with semicolons. And don't just make up words.

Try to develop a valid point. Come back when you're done pointing out that I'm a murderer; let's have a valid discussion.

ArtDrake

Sorry. I really shouldn't have, and you're right. Post edited. Thank you so much for alerting me to my irresponsible posting. Tak.

Deagonx

Typo. I mean to put 'its'

Its illegality is what makes it dangerous.

bugfartboy

Proof? Citations? Anything that supports the idea that the very illegality of Marijuana is what makes it dangerous?

Deagonx

Buying marijuana opens up teens to the black market. If marijuana was legal they would not need to get in touch with those shady people.

bugfartboy

If they were already using marijuana, wouldn't they already be in touch with shady people?

SmartyPants

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 09, 2011, 02:27:47 AMBuying marijuana opens up teens to the black market. If marijuana was legal they would not need to get in touch with those shady people.
I have a simpler solution.  Teens could just stop buying marijuana and obey the law.
Also, it is naive to think that teens would avoid shady characters if marijuana was legal.  In college, prescription drugs are illegally sold and traded more then alcohol and weed.
Plus, if you legalize a gateway drug, then it would increase the consumption meth, crack, cocaine, and heroin.

ArtDrake

Okay, I'm no longer sure on the gateway point. I've never really liked the argument, and haven't found too much concrete evidence for it. I'm checking the wikipedia page Mike posted now...

Oh, and I'd like to point out that if there are physical withdrawal symptoms, the addiction is physical.