News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Your Story: Post It!

Started by Deagonx, July 07, 2011, 05:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deagonx

Now, maybe not everyone's story is super cool and in depth but its nice to hear.

Tell your story on how you got your username. Or, if you are feeling rambunctious. How you decided your avatar!

Game Crazy Kid was actually something I came up with when I was first on the freepowerboards website. I was 11.

Deagonx is just Deagon, with an x. Deagon comes from Mortal Kombat

My picture? Roy, from Super Smash Bros Melee. He was my fav character when I made "Game Crazy Kid" and I literally just googled "Roy" in images and that came up for my avatar. Just for a little nostalgia I added it back on here.

So, how did you get your username? Is it something silly you came up with as a child? A reference to a childhood memory?

I think everyone can agree it is kind of interesting. So please tell!

Disclaimer: This is not a forum game.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

I was playing RuneScape (I know, terrible), and I wanted a username no one would ever take. Algebra -- everyone seems to hate maths. 13 -- there isn't even a 13th floor on most hotels. Hence, algebra13. Algebra13 became algebra15 when I needed another username for AQWorlds, so I could team up with myself to kill bosses. Algebra17 was the natural extension.

Duckling was a parody of Duskling, at first, mimicking the avatar, sig, and name of Duskling (provoking mirth and merriment, I suppose). After that, the joke became stale, but Duckling stayed around -- I always think of a cute little duckling.

Demon Duck came of pure imagination, in a search for a ridiculous contrast of innocence and pure evil. I found it, but the "Demon" bit overshadowed "Duck," resulting in a negative feel to the name. I changed it back, with one alteration: I wasn't Duckling any more, since I was coming back to it. I'm now "Duckling prime," spelled "Duckling′." It's not an apostrophe.

My avatar came from an uncle who mentioned the name when designing a Mii for Wii. The picture came from a web search.

Duskling

Quote from: Game Crazy Kid on July 07, 2011, 05:26:08 AM
Deagonx is just Deagon, with an x. Deagon comes from Mortal Kombat
I thought so, because it was only in MK:A that I heard of such a name.

Now, I wanted my username to fit the Telepath theme, so I chose a Shadowling name because of how fascinating they were to me at the time. I was going through a process of elimination of times of day when it was dark or not brightly lit, and came upon "Dusk," not knowing that there was a Shadowling named "Duskling" in TPA2 already, I chose the name.

I can't give you a list of my avatars, unless you want to see a twenty foot tall post, but I'll just say my first one was of a Shadowling Guardian, I believe, and afterward a series of Mandalorian avatars due to my obsession with Star Wars. This avatar comes from a group of animators working on things like "Supejail!" and "Robot Chicken." The name of the group is a bit too profane to post here, but the bird is cute.

Zackirus

To understand my name, you have to break it apart:

Zack. My real name of course.

-irus. This actually has a long story behind it. See, it used be to arus, thus making my Zackarus, but I thought people would mistake the 'a' for a long 'A' sound instead of the short a which it is. Now when I write the letter 'i', you are before inclined to pronounce it with a short 'a' sound than 'a' long. However i/a aside, the irus actually the 9 + 17 + 20 + 18 = 64 = 6 + 4 = 10 (which is the month I was born in)! Also: 1 x 17 + 20 + 18 = 55 = 5  5 = 10!

My Avatar? I have only had three: Original Canadian Flag, Blue Shadowling Guardian (Which can be found in the Fan-art Section), and the Blackand White Canadian Flag, which are my favourite colours/shades.
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Idozen Cair

Understanding my name requires bad grammar and creative pronounciaton:

Idozen (I doesn't) Cair (care)

I used to say 'I doesn't care' intentionally in school when there's something I don't really care--sorry, doesn't really care about. My friends and classmates thought it was funny, so I thought of 'Idozen Cair', which got even more support, so the name stuck. There you go !
I doesn't care, do I?

ArtDrake

It is, of course, a parody of Zackirus, but I'll be choosing another person to parody for a while.

Zackirus

Quote from: Osirus on July 10, 2011, 05:18:29 PM
It is, of course, a parody of Zackirus, but I'll be choosing another person to parody for a while.

Sure, only Parody me for a couple days -_-
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

ArtDrake

Well, I hadn't seen you around, and I wasn't getting many laughs, and Buggy is also unsuccessfully parodying you, so I figured it would be okay.

Zackirus

Quote from: Osirus on July 10, 2011, 08:43:52 PM
Well, I hadn't seen you around, and I wasn't getting many laughs, and Buggy is also unsuccessfully parodying you, so I figured it would be okay.

I guess I'm un-parodable or something like that. It would have made more sense if it were the American Flag, and your caption was God Bless America.

- Lord Canada

bugfartboy

What do you mean unsuccessful? My name is very similar, yet not, to Zackirus's.

ArtDrake

Okay, the name works, but not so much the avatar and sig.

And, Zack, I'll point out that whenever I read your name, I think of Osirus and Egypt.

Idozen Cair

Quote from: Osirus on July 11, 2011, 08:46:56 AM
Okay, the name works, but not so much the avatar and sig.

And, Zack, I'll point out that whenever I read your name, I think of Osirus and Egypt.
If I recall well enough, the god and ruler of the underworld who has green skin is named Osiris. Is Osirus a typo, or a valid variation?
I doesn't care, do I?

bugfartboy

He was attempting to parody Zackirus. So he kept the "u" instead of an "i".

ArtDrake

It's not a valid variation, but it would have the same pronunciation.

Tastidian

I got my new name/avatar due to a show I recently discovered called Durarara. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durarara!!
I knew what a dullahan was before but the show inspired me to use it. For those who doesn't know what a Dullahan is, it is like the headless horsemen no attached head, has a horse (its most loyal faithful companion). Also it visits when someone is about to die. On that note when its on its errands if a human is so foolish as to say peek out their window the dullahan will throw blood at the gazer. The dullahan find abhorrence to people watching them while on errands.