News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Marijuana

Started by Deagonx, April 20, 2011, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deagonx

You assume that majority of people in America are lazy, because of using? Thats just an ignorant assumption on your part. Adding to the list I see.

I could name more than 30 words off the top of my head that you don't know the definition to. If we are going to argue about people's skills in vocabulary, I participated in the state spelling bee and placed 4th. Guess it was just luck.
I believe in evolution. How else would Charmander become Charizard?

ArtDrake

Quote from: Deagonx on December 24, 2010, 11:00:00 PM
If we are going to argue about people's skills in vocabulary,

which we aren't, please.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Deagonx on July 11, 2011, 07:29:17 PMYou assume that majority of people in America are lazy, because of using? Thats just an ignorant assumption on your part. Adding to the list I see.
No, I think people use because they are lazy.

Deagonx

If people use because they are lazy, how will legalizing it make them any more lazy?

Steelfist

I do not agree with legalization of Marijuana. I personally believe the validity of current experiments, but even if you do not, try to remember that cocaine was originally marketed as a 'Harmless pick-me-up', a veritable gramme of Soma, and tobacco was considered an aid to health. We often discover things about drugs long after we discover the drugs themselves - and look at the effects; an entire generation hooked on cocaine and tobacco, respectively. The day you can conclusively prove to me that Marijuana is completely harmless I will agree with the legalization of the drug.

I also must draw to your attention that the arguments in this post are becoming increasingly puerile and offensive at a personal level. I have several points I feel I must point out the flaws in.

Quote from: SmartyPants on July 11, 2011, 07:24:43 PM
Maybe if you put the bong down every once in awhile, then you feel more motivated to read a book and learn simple vocabulary.

Offensive, and does not contribute anything to the argument. I expected better.

Quote from: Deagonx on July 11, 2011, 07:29:17 PM
Thats just an ignorant assumption on your part. Adding to the list I see.

I could name more than 30 words off the top of my head that you don't know the definition to. If we are going to argue about people's skills in vocabulary, I participated in the state spelling bee and placed 4th. Guess it was just luck.

No. 1. The first part is a personal criticism, and as such, does not have any place in a debate.
No. 2. The second part is neither any indication of intelligence (Not to imply you lack intelligence), nor any relevance to the argument - when somebody makes a personal comment, merely point out that the comment is unsuitable for the topic; do not rise to the jibe.
No. 3. You cannot possible know that your vocabulary extends past his; few people utilize their full vocabulary on an internet forum.

I appreciate that I am not a moderator, and am disappointed that Ert has not already intervened. Nonetheless, if this continues, I will be notifying Ert. 

Deagonx

Steelfist, he insulted my Vocabulary. I did not say I was smarter than him, or had a larger vocabulary than him. And he did not call me stupid.