News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

More Baz Dialogue

Started by SmartyPants, March 16, 2010, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torugo

maybe he went out to find help about the ghosts in his cellar and because he knew they were there he was accused of having the gift
mock the pheonix you will burn

KZ

torugo, that doesn't make sense, as he alredy asked Duvalier for help and believes that Duvalier sorted the problem out.

There is room aplenty for side-quests, but I also think it should be well balanced by simply, non-quest-starting NPC dialogue. I think Baz fits better into the latter category. Personally, I'd be happy to see only extra dialogue and no side quests for him.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

cyso

I think the dialogue between the Main and Baz would be similar to some of the dialogue between the Main and Malice. I can imagine Baz talking about a bunch of probably fake things he had supposedly done in his life.
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zhampir

You meantersay, Pip, that he would likely embellish stories of himself? That's possible, but I think Baz likely has a more rich story. Such as how he accumulated his vast wealth (after all, he is the sole benefactor of the entire campaign.) He seems proud of his wealth, so he likely worked for it in his youth, instead of being born into it.

cyso

I wasn't trying to that Baz didn't work hard, but even when bragging about legitimate achievements, people still tend to over exaggerate.
Pip?
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

Zhampir

The Pip came from me saying benefactor, then I thought of Great Expectations, as Baz has these great expectations of your small band of fighters. The boy in Great Expectations was nick-named Pip by (his uncle?) Who would consistently say "I meantersay Pip,..."

KZ

I do think that it will be in Baz's character to exaggerate his own achievements, but at the same time deliver certain facts in a rather specific fashion- like the storage shed being just that to him, yet for Duvalier and co it's a huge mansion. I think for Baz a lot of things will be seen from a very different perspective, that of a very rich man, so I think it would be nice to expand on it.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Steelfist

Personally, I'm in favour of more dialogue, although a side quest would be interesting.

Perhaps he could hire you to protect a trade caravan. Probably not his, as I believe the cult seized his assets, but he could hire you to on behalf of a business associate who was having trouble with bandits.

Zackirus

QuoteWant to do a favor for one of Baz's friends in exchange for some soldiers? Lucky you--that mission is on the way,

We can check this off the Wishlist. 
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada