News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zackirus

Monk

After years of training, these warriors have come out out of isolation weilding a simple staff. Be warned though. These guys are and deadly with their staffs

Health: 60
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Damage 18, Cost 0) Pole Slash (Range *Front Three Squares*, Damage 18, Cost 0) Counter Attack (Range 1, Damage 18, Cost 0)
Resistance: none

Shaman

These simple people have also joined the monks. The may not be good at their staff attacks, but they can heal many targets at once and are very annoying.

Health: 65
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 12, Cost 0) Mind Shield (Range 1, Heals 18, Cost 0) Long Shield (Range 1-3, Heals 18, Cost 0)

Pole Slash

XXXXX
XOOOX
XXMXX
XXXXX
X = Unaffected Space O= Affected Space M= Monk Facing North

Thoughts, Ideas, Improvemnts?
If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

Zhampir

I'm guessing, but the monk could be a low rank in the Cult's priestly-hood, and the shaman could be a psy user in either the Marid or Rubat clan

Dorgon 5000

Ravinale ninja

Health: 40
Speed: 4
Attacks: melee (30 damage), leap
Counter: meele (30 damage)
Resistance: mental

Zackirus

Quote from: Zhampir on April 05, 2010, 05:30:57 AM
I'm guessing, but the monk could be a low rank in the Cult's priestly-hood, and the shaman could be a psy user in either the Marid or Rubat clan

I was more thinking that a monk would be a person who has lived in the in the mountains near Somnus (in isolation) because the mountains look kind of important. The shamans would be like monks, living in isolation. They could come into the story because Craig has left out those mountains. I also think these guys would appear in some sort of side quest. Thoughts

Dorgon 5000, I think that the Ravinale Ninja is just like an improved version of the assassin, maybe if you spice it up a bit (new attacks/ special abilities) it would be cool and original.

If The World Was A Bit More Like Canada, Then We Would Have A Great World, And Hockey 24/7

- Lord Canada

WeBing

Mister Happy

Health 25
Speed: Over 9000
Attacks: Explosion--
Effects: u ded

fractals mmmm

Dorgon 5000

What about this?

Ravinale ninja

Health: 40
Speed: 4
Attacks: stab (30 damage), whirlwind (50 damage), shurkien (20 damage)
Counter: meele (30 damage)
Resistance: mental

The strategy for this one is a bit tricky. You need to avoid the shurkiens through hiding behind bushes, trees and other things. It´s also inportant not to stand closely to an ally, because his whirlwind attack is very strong. If you stand next to him, he will backstab you. If you stand one step away, he will do sidestab. If you have a range three attack, use it. A good opition is to take him from where he can only use shurkien, like on the other side of a water. The esiest way is still to backstab him, he has not very much defense compared to his other stats.

WeBing

Eek!

You don't get into the specifics of what anything does, and he does too much damage, and has too little health. Enemies in TRPG games have a lot of HP but don't deal much damage.

fractals mmmm

Dorgon 5000

That´s the whole idea, making a very offensive enemy because there are no such in the telepath games. And all the attacks have already been used in telepath, exept for the shurkien, which is like laser blast but hits only one target.

torugo

Quote from: Zackirus on April 04, 2010, 02:35:39 PM
Monk

After years of training, these warriors have come out out of isolation weilding a simple staff. Be warned though. These guys are and deadly with their staffs

Health: 60
Attacks: Melee (Range 1, Damage 18, Cost 0) Pole Slash (Range *Front Three Squares*, Damage 18, Cost 0) Counter Attack (Range 1, Damage 18, Cost 0)

Shaman

These simple people have also joined the monks. The may not be good at their staff attacks, but they can heal many targets at once and are very annoying.

Health: 65
Attacks: Melee (Range: 1, Damage: 12, Cost 0) Mind Shield (Range 1, Heals 18, Cost 0) Long Shield (Range 1-3, Heals 18, Cost 0)

Pole Slash

XXXXX
XOOOX
XXMXX
XXXXX
X = Unaffected Space O= Affected Space M= Monk Facing North

Thoughts, Ideas, Improvemnts?
a couple of pages back i already came upwith priest of yawah why do we need a monk or shaman
mock the pheonix you will burn

Zhampir

a monk is lower than a priest.
as I said, the shaman need not even be affiliated with the Cult.

WeBing

The Ninja is basically the superpowered version of the Guard with less HP.

fractals mmmm

Zackirus

Quote from: Zhampir on April 06, 2010, 06:58:32 PM
a monk is lower than a priest.
as I said, the shaman need not even be affiliated with the Cult.

I did not say that the Monk was lower than priest or that they were connected to the cult at all. I was simply proposing an enemy that cam from the mountains near Somnus (not a fighter who works for the cult). Moreover, I do think the cult does need another enemy type, and as Torugo suggested why can't we have a priest that would do fire attacks against the main (for some reason only 2 enemies have a fire affinity). The Ravinville Ninja, to me sounds like a very cheap enemy. I would prefer an enemy only to have two attacks (counter attack not included). Although if you morph the stats a bit, I'm pretty sure you could make him into boss, maybe the leader of the Black Rose perhaps  ;)

- Lord Canada

WeBing

The monk and shaman sound like generic fighters and healers.

fractals mmmm

Zackirus

Quote from: WeBing on April 06, 2010, 09:09:30 PM
The monk and shaman sound like generic fighters and healers.

I think their more advanced than that, having upgraded moves/health than a normal guardsmen/healers Prestentiment. I think they would be a greater challenge than compared to normal guards. Also I wanted to changes something:

Shaman:

Attacks: Big Shield (Range Omidirectional, Heals: 18, Costs: 0) to replace mind shield

Though, I can change the attacks for them to become more unique

- Lord Canada