News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

New Enemy Ideas

Started by KZ, February 05, 2010, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WeBing

No, I meant the concept. Stats are easily suggestible.

But a Shaolin monk with a staff attack? Are you kidding me? That has been overused far too often, along with the shaman.

fractals mmmm

Dorgon 5000

Light locust

Those grasshoppers return every summer to feed on crops. This results in starving and poverty for the people. They are very intelligent and they can communicate through telepath. They are not normally dangerous, but they can be if you try to kill them. They are usally found in great hordes. You could have a sidequest (or a normal quest) in which you help a farmer getting rid of them.

Health: 20
Speed: 3
PsP: 0
Attacks: Melee (6 damage)
Resistance: light

Light locust solider

A stronger version of the previous one.

Health: 50
Attacks: Melee (16 damage), slash (16 damage)

Light locust magican

Health: 30
Attacks: Mind blast (8 damage), Light blast (12 damage), Light bomb (8 damage)

Duskling

This is fairly similar to the Wraith idea, but what about a Banshee? Maybe it could look a little bit like Luca, but only a little bit so that there would be no confusion.

Statistics:

Speed: 5
Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 7) Screech (Not an attack) (Range: 2, Damage: 12)
Resistance: Physical

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duskling on April 15, 2010, 01:28:44 AM
This is fairly similar to the Wraith idea, but what about a Banshee? Maybe it could look a little bit like Luca, but only a little bit so that there would be no confusion.

Statistics:

Attacks: Mind Blast (Range: 1, Damage: 7) Screech (Not an attack) (Range: 2, Damage: 12)
How does Screech cause damage and not be an attack?

MikeW781

i think that this thread has become less useful due to the fact that CRAIG HAS THE STORY DONE
almost completely
If we all just post ideas about for different new places and different new enemies nothing will be accomplished. We should try to comment on the previous post and wait for feedback BEFORE making a dozen new ideas. For example, I might post
"I like the idea of the banshee, and think it would be possible to implement a section of the storyline that deals more with ghosts, which Craig mentioned might happen."
I would then wait to see if the idea was shut down or accepted. Then, I would submit my carefully thought out idea and hope that others would also do the curtesy of responding to it before making new ideas.
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

Zhampir

Quote from: mikew781 on April 15, 2010, 06:16:28 PM
i think that this thread has become less useful due to the fact that CRAIG HAS THE STORY DONE
almost completely
If we all just post ideas about for different new places and different new enemies nothing will be accomplished. We should try to comment on the previous post and wait for feedback BEFORE making a dozen new ideas. For example, I might post
"I like the idea of the banshee, and think it would be possible to implement a section of the storyline that deals more with ghosts, which Craig mentioned might happen."
I would then wait to see if the idea was shut down or accepted. Then, I would submit my carefully thought out idea and hope that others would also do the curtesy of responding to it before making new ideas.
I'm at a loss of where you are obtaining such information as to the completion of the game. Whether or not this game is completed is pointless to the proposition of new enemies. They need not be restricted to this one game. The is all ready a create-a-quest section... which I think will serve your needs quite adequately. If KZ (the creator of this thread) decides the subject of the thread should change, then so bit it, but please don't go off-topic. I realize your intentions are good, but going of topic (or taking your own spin off of the topic within the topic) is not helpful, nor productive.

Winter Dragon

Quote from: Zhampir on April 15, 2010, 08:36:37 PM
almost completely
I'm at a loss of where you are obtaining such information as to the completion of the game. Whether or not this game is completed is pointless to the proposition of new enemies. They need not be restricted to this one game. The is all ready a create-a-quest section... which I think will serve your needs quite adequately. If KZ (the creator of this thread) decides the subject of the thread should change, then so bit it, but please don't go off-topic. I realize your intentions are good, but going of topic (or taking your own spin off of the topic within the topic) is not helpful, nor productive.

I agree with Zhampir on this one. Craig still has plans for the Telepath universe and I think that he might use most of our ideas in his next game. Personally I would like to see more chaarcters who can do ice attacks (with only 3 so far in the game) but that is just me.

I aslo have an idea for the Ice Monster different character though.

Reian

Health: 45
Speed: 2
Attacks: Cyro Blast (Range 2, Cost 0, Damage 14) Hail (Range 2-3 both sides, Cost 0, Damage 14)
Resisatnce: Cyro

Hail

XXXXX
XOOOX
XOOOX
XXXXX
XXRXX
X= Unaffected Space O= Affected Space R= Reian Facing North
-30, That's Nothing

SmartyPants

When an idea is suggested and no one is responds to it, it means no one is interested in it.  Zackirus has proven this with his 'Mounteds Guardsmen and Glare' idea.  No one responded to his suggested enemies, so he made a poll that showed that people didn't like his idea at all.  If no one responds, then no one has anything constructive to say about it.

Your Banshee idea is almost the same as a regular Ghost, but it has Screech instead of Cryo Blast.  It is also ridiculous to have a spirit faster then an Assassin, so all suggested enemies should not have a speed of 5.

cyso

How about a new ghost assassin enemy, sort of like the Banshee.
Ghost Assassin/Banshee
Health:18
Speed: 4
Attack: Mind Blast (cyro blast seems too powerful)
...For I am his, and he is mine, bought by the precious blood of Christ.

Anyone want to find the rest of the words?

MikeW781

my info is from the posts that suggest that Craig has almost finished the storyline.
however, i understand the need for new characters, i was just irked by the constant, random suggestions that would require entire new places to be created, and the fact that very few people seemed to do anything other than just shoot down/ignore every other post and submit their own ideas instead of giving feedback
Currently tied with Zack for the title of Master of Light!

cyso

Im2smart4u is right. People ignore or shoot down ideas they don't like most of the time.
About the reian: Where would this enemy appear? It's an ice monster, so it would seem like it would be somewhere cold. The problem is, TSoG is set in an area that seems to have a warm climate. Another question. Why don't you just use the already existing cyro cross instead of adding a new attack?

SmartyPants

Quote from: yogc on April 16, 2010, 07:04:56 PM
How about a new ghost assassin enemy, sort of like the Banshee.
Ghost Assassin/Banshee
Health:18
Speed: 4
Attack: Mind Blast (cyro blast seems too powerful)
I don't see a ghost assassin as possible.  Who would hire an assassin with a very bad memory?  He would constantly forget who is target is?  Plus, why would a ghost need money?

Winter Dragon

Quote from: yogc on April 16, 2010, 08:21:00 PM
About the reian: Where would this enemy appear? It's an ice monster, so it would seem like it would be somewhere cold. The problem is, TSoG is set in an area that seems to have a warm climate. Another question. Why don't you just use the already existing cyro cross instead of adding a new attack?

I sort of got this from Zackirus, but I think they would be located in the mountains to the north of Somnus (the cold weather/ elevation could create snow).

For the New attack I wanted to be original and adding Cryo Blast would make the Reian too much like the Psy Academy Ice Guy.
-30, That's Nothing

cyso

I called the ghost assassin a ghost assassin because I'm not good at creating names. The ghost "assassin" wouldn't actually work as an assassin, it would just be a slightly faster ghost that would be slightly weaker than the normal ghost. To avoid confusion, let's call the ghost "assassin" the banshee from now on.

Duskling

Quote from: im2smart4u on April 15, 2010, 03:16:20 PM
Quote from: Duskling on April 15, 2010, 01:28:44 AM

Statistics:

How does Screech cause damage and not be an attack?
By that I meant that it is not an ingame attack, as in, the Banshee should have an attack like that.