News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Slave or Mercenary

Started by SmartyPants, April 18, 2010, 01:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are most combatants slaves or mercenaries?

Slaves
9 (40.9%)
Mercenaries
4 (18.2%)
About 50/50
9 (40.9%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Duskling

I'd guess that slaves are the majority of combatants. I think so because, while I've never played before, I've seen enough from the video on Sinister Design that most combatants happend to be slaves, did you see how many there were on the market?

Duskling

I meant the slaves that were being bought.

KZ

Methinks that given that Spriggats and Shadowlings are slaves, and that, as per prior arguments, the spirits are likely to be tricked into coming (thus a very dodgy case of coming on their own accord, save for the single time when one fights a team of spirits who haven't realized that they died and simply show up every year to fight- those can be considered as mercenaries), thus can be considered as "slaves". Then, pretty much a mixture of merecnaries and slaves amongst humans, thus I would think that a slight majority of the participants are slaves. I would draw the parallel to the Colosseum, where throughout history most participants were slaves, rather than mercenaries.
Welcome to the forums!
Read the rules, use proper grammar and punctuation, play the games, share your ideas and enjoy your stay!

Dorgon 5000

I think they are slaves. They don´t seem like they really want to fight, and they are afraid of the meat market.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Dorgon 5000 on June 27, 2010, 10:55:14 AM
I think they are slaves. They don´t seem like they really want to fight, and they are afraid of the meat market.
Why do you think they are afraid of the meat market?

How do you know they don't want to fight?  In the Roman Empire/Republic there were paid volunteers (auctorati) who fought as gladiators.  Maybe there are many people like the Hero who choose to fight for wealth and fame.