News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Character Stats

Started by flack, November 13, 2011, 05:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flack

Wish: Allow characters to have over 100 hp/psp.
Ok...this suggestion may not be new but I can't find a clear thread that talks about this and give me clear reasons why this is disallowed. Therefore I created this thread because I see many advantages in allowing for this.

1) More game time play.
i) Those who likes to train now have more motivation.

2) Makes game fun and have a higher range of challenge.
i) I find that the difficulties: easy medium hard and brutal don't seem to differ by much except during the beginning. Like I mean I don't really need to play much more for example on normal difficulty then I do on hard.
ii) I find that the difficulty jump in later levels is not as much as it is during the beginning, like I need to spend less time in training between missions later on. This is due to the hp limit of each hero in the game. Since hp are limited, then you can't change dramatically in the damage the enemy deals as they become tougher.
iii) Two type of players for the game. a) players who like to train can have a much better time playing the game b) players who like to use strategy (rather than hardcore training) now have a wider range of difficulty to select from.
iv) Running out of psp commonly happens, even when I max out.
v) The healers heal so much at such a low level, so basically lvl 15 healer can heal a 99hp person in 2 shots. That makes healers too overpowered. Same thing for attacks... same level attack can kill same level health in 2 shots...

3) When you have enough upgrades for 99 hp which I think is at lv 42, the hero health upgrade is no longer redundant (people can avoid tossing away their money by accidentally clicking on health when their training).

4) We can now be reward proportionally more as the battles get harder. For instance the battles in the great forest are by far the hardest out of all training grounds yet we only get 100 something each battle.

Your thoughts?

SmartyPants

While I was annoyed in TPA2 that the Hero's health maxed out at 99, I don't really see myself having that issue in TSoG with the current supply of missions.  Without gold farming, I could possibly see my Hero maxing out his health if I use a blood orb and I never upgrade Aptitude and Personality.

This is how I can tell you have been gold farming and overpowering your units:
*You can only tell the difference between difficulties in the ealier missions that don't allow you to spend gold on training your team.
*You can kill all your enemies and heal all your teammates in 2 shots.
*Your characters hp/psp hits 99.

flack

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 14, 2011, 10:08:04 PM
While I was annoyed in TPA2 that the Hero's health maxed out at 99, I don't really see myself having that issue in TSoG with the current supply of missions.  Without gold farming, I could possibly see my Hero maxing out his health if I use a blood orb and I never upgrade Aptitude and Personality.

This is how I can tell you have been gold farming and overpowering your units:
*You can only tell the difference between difficulties in the ealier missions that don't allow you to spend gold on training your team.
*You can kill all your enemies and heal all your teammates in 2 shots.
*Your characters hp/psp hits 99.

Yes I am gold farming, but to me that is what is fun about the game. I like to train hard and fight a battle that is hard and feel satisfied after I win because I feel that hard work paid off. And to me 99hp and 99psp is too easy to train. I only need to spend a few hours and I am there.

I agree with you that you can heal all your teammates and kill your enemies in 2 shots when you reach 99 but I think that is because he has to make the enemy like that to not overpower the 99hp/psp limit.

Also I hope you agree that getting rid of the limit will not affect the game just by making the stats go above 99.

I am just looking for a reasonable answer why this hasn't been done like perhaps programming issues because I really don't see any harm done in gameplay.

CraigStern

Those limits were originally imposed on the hero because of limited space in the GUI. However, I've since added in enemies with more than 99 health, and they fit in there well enough, so I suppose there is no technical reason why I couldn't lift the cap. There are gameplay reasons not to, though: I don't want players to boost their stats too high because it will kill the challenge of the game's battles.

I'm currently tweaking some stuff for hard and brutal difficulty modes in response to player feedback that will make it much harder to train your characters ludicrously high in stats. Try a new game on Hard or Brutal after the next update and see if you find it sufficiently difficult.

SmartyPants

I may be wrong, but I think the character health will go above 99 when Set uses Static Shield.

CraigStern

All right; I'm boosting the player Health/PsP cap to 149. That's still low enough that the player is mortal, if rather overpowered.

flack