News:

Welcome to the new Sinister Design forums!

Main Menu

Telepath Tactics single player campaign

Started by CraigStern, July 07, 2012, 03:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigStern

I could do it on the forums, but I'm thinking it might be easier to manage if they were stored in some sort of searchable database where people could rate maps and search by name, size, etc. The question is, will I have the budget / time / ability to make a database like this? If I can find a dedicated third party that wants to run a site (a la Planet Elder Scrolls), that would be ideal.

Ertxiem

A temporary way of doing it is using Rate That Topic, a mod to the forums.
Ert, the Dead Cow.
With 2 small Mandelbrot sets as the spots.

CraigStern

Interesting; that's one possible approach. I'll keep that mind. ;)

CraigStern

So, I started doing a TRPG2 custom campaign in Telepath Tactics, just for fun. It was surprisingly easy to recreate the attacks, characters, and one of the battles from that game. I might release that to you guys as kind of a fun thing to play around with, if there's demand for it. :)

CraigStern

And so Emma Strider led the company down from Fort Longbriar under the watchful eye of General Sophia.

They were accompanied by several soldiers Emma had never met before. There was Lakshmi Bana, a crossbowman with an easy laugh and skin the color of mahogany; she was an excellent shot.

There was also Bartleby Gutentag, an Engineer who spent most of his time reading obscure technical works and scrawling notes in the margins. He seemed friendly enough, but said little.

Still, Bartleby was a chatterbox compared to Astrid Shadowhand, Sophia's silent and stalwart guardian. Emma had heard stories about Astrid. She was an assassin, dispatched by the Magistrate to quietly eliminate threats to the Empire. Shadowhand wasn't her real name: it was a moniker she'd earned from a long career as a covert killer. No one knew her real last name.

Whether from training, habit, or simply from the deadening weight of the dozens of people she'd slain, Astrid was stone-faced and inscrutable at all times. Rumor had it that she had killed every man who'd ever loved her. It was just a rumor, but Emma still made it a habit to give Astrid a wide, wide berth.

The march to the outskirts of Ploutos lasted several days. Emma was acutely aware of the General observing her, taking her measure as a captain. That suited Emma just fine. She had always been ambitious, studious--driven. This was a better opportunity to prove herself than she could have ever asked for.

On the morning of the fourth day, they arrived.

SmartyPants

Will there be bosses, like Cygnus, Tastidian, and Nelis, who can hide their stats from scanning?

CraigStern

If I were, you wouldn't want me spoiling it, would you? ;)

CraigStern

I've just released more juicy details about the characters, the setting and the story. Read up! ;)

SmartyPants

The Dundar Empire has Senators, Magistrates, and many conquered people.  Does Dundar Empire having any basis on the Roman Republic/Empire?

Is the Vibra Mining Company mentioned in the kickstater the same company mentioned in TSoG?

Will any characters from previous games appear Telepath Tactics? (Maybe the Nameless One?)
Does the time period of your new campaign coincide with any early games of the series?

CraigStern

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 29, 2012, 05:52:19 PMThe Dundar Empire has Senators, Magistrates, and many conquered people.  Does Dundar Empire having any basis on the Roman Republic/Empire?

Is the Vibra Mining Company mentioned in the kickstater the same company mentioned in TSoG?

Yes and yes.

Quote from: SmartyPants on November 29, 2012, 05:52:19 PM
Will any characters from previous games appear Telepath Tactics? (Maybe the Nameless One?)
Does the time period of your new campaign coincide with any early games of the series?

I'm not prepared to answer these just yet. ;)

ArtDrake

Given that the pantheon of gods played a large part in the lives of Romans... as a follow up to what SmartyPants said, is the single-player campaign going to have any themes pertaining to religion?

Or is this not one of the games you've chosen to use as a medium for a broad statement on the flaws of various forms of dictatorships? [That seems to be the theme thus far, but I would guess your broader statements just run in favor of personal rights and social equality?]

I would understand just fine if you wanted to leave that matter until the game comes out.

CraigStern

Hopefully, you'll be able to figure it out when you play. I will say that religion isn't the main focus this time around.

SmartyPants

Quote from: Duckling on November 29, 2012, 09:38:28 PMOr is this not one of the games you've chosen to use as a medium for a broad statement on the flaws of various forms of dictatorships?
Based on Craig's disdain for Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission and the kickstater summary about the Vibra Mining Company buying favors from the magistrate, my first guess at a theme is the use of big money in politics.

Quote from: CraigStern on March 14, 2012, 09:25:31 AMI actually decided that I would pull Phantom Armor from Telepath Tactics--it doesn't fill a useful gameplay niche, so I'm going to focus on the other classes instead. As for what it is...well, there's a decent chance that it will appear in a future, single player game using the Telepath Tactics engine, so we can discuss that if and when that happens. :)
Now that you are creating a campaign, does that mean there a decent chance that will get to see the Phantom Armor?

CraigStern

If we fundraise well, it could be part of a stretch goal, but it wouldn't fit in the budget otherwise.

SmartyPants

Problems with the demo update:
*There are now two Astrid Shadowhands
*When Shadowhand leaps on a tree, she fuses with it.